Karat has reengineered technical hiring to ensure that great talent gets noticed by great companies. We augment engineering organizations by conducting the first-rounds of technical interviews on their behalf. Our service saves material engineering time and drives a highly responsive and consistent experience for candidates. Karat continuously invests in cutting edge interview methodologies with an aim of reducing bias and letting candidates demonstrate their true ability.
We operate as strategic partners for engineering leaders at the world's leading technology companies including Jet, MuleSoft, Roblox, Intuit, Ten-X, Minted and many more. As the gold standard of technical interviewing, our well-funded company is scaling quickly to meet our growing list of client's needs. Come join us!
As a Karat Content Engineer, you build the future of technical interviewing. Our content team creates the interview questions and formats that our clients rely on to build elite engineering organizations. Our interview questions are administered on 5 continents to job applicants at all levels of experience and from all walks of life. We strive for technical rigor, clarity and brevity, and an interview experience that makes every candidate feel like they're valued and treated fairly.
The ideal candidate for this role is a software engineer who loves theoretical problems. Designing successful interview questions requires a unique balance of engineering and mathematics skill, verbal concision, and empathy for the candidate and the interviewer. Are you excited to create a better software interview -- and to do it at scale? You can write the one question that helps thousands of people find their ideal job.
What you’ll do all day
- Design and launch new technical interview questions for software engineers and other roles
- Work with Karat's expert interviewers to improve the quality and breadth of our interview content
- Conduct test interviews with real candidates to measure the quality of your work
- Rigorously review performance data to improve the quality and accuracy of every interview
- Create interviewer training materials and documentation
- Acquire subject-matter knowledge when necessary to develop specialized content
- Degree in Computer Science (or related discipline) and 1 or more years of professional programming experience
- Strong theoretical CS skills, particularly around runtime performance -- big-O notation should be your second language
- Excellent writing skills, both technical and nontechical
- Interpersonal and remote communication skills; your work requires direct coordination with engineers around the world
- Driven by the desire to eliminate bias at all stages of the hiring process
- Expert in at least one programming language
- Conversant in at least 4 programming languages
- Experience participating in an engineering hiring process - as an interviewer, recruiter or hiring manager
- Specialized experience in any common software engineering discipline, such as front-end development, machine learning, or systems design
- Statistical analysis skills using Metabase, Tableau, or another dashboard tool