Director of Product and Technology
Delivering one-of-a-kind cloud technology, accompanied by award winning customer service, Paylocity is a software development company in a category of its own. We are a publicly traded company that offers an Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP) which enables employees to share in the long-term growth and future success of the company.
Poised to revolutionize the world of human capital management for hundreds of thousands of small and medium sized businesses, we are seeking the best and the brightest to help us create the future of our solutions – enabling our customers to better develop their employees and supervisors.
Our lean development process enables our small product oriented teams to innovate, collaborate and bring amazing features to market.
Our talent anywhere philosophy nurtures a diverse and dynamic group of colleagues with a shared mission to make great products and have fun doing it.
The Director of Product and Technology, Time & Labor Solutions is a critical role in our Product and Tech organization. This highly visible member of the Technology Leadership Team has overall accountability for the end-to-end strategy for our Time & Labor vertical business and will lead multiple initiatives to deliver against that strategy.
This position requires a strategic leader committed to finding and delivering against our customers’ unmet needs. This role will enable a culture of innovation and ownership across all of Product and Technology – ensuring the teams are entrepreneurial and self-sufficient, while still focused on a common vision.
Are you the teammate we are looking for?
Who you are:
- Creative thinker with the ability to design a vision for product strategy, centered on customer’s unmet needs
- Influential leader who rallies multiple teams around the vision, and creates an atmosphere where teams are empowered to deliver
- Customer centric, ensuring customer experience is always put in the center of every conversation
- Collaborative, Innovative and Humble
- Determined and willing to experiment, embracing constant feedback loops
- A model for exhibiting grit and the entrepreneurial spirit
- Leader who focuses on talent development by creating enabling and inclusive environments and identifying, mentoring and cultivating high potentials
- Relentlessly curious about current market and technology trends, and influences product direction accordingly
- A superior communicator with an affinity for change management
- Unflinching in your desire for production stability
How we work:
- Small, self-sufficient product-oriented teams with an entrepreneurial spirit organized into categories
- We don’t add more folks to our teams, we add additional teams to scale
- Casual, collaborative, agile environment which embraces and operates under our shared principles
- Complete transparency with open, honest discussions about our progress
- Close working relationship between all stakeholders and product teams
What we offer:
- Lean enabling process that focuses on putting our product teams in the best position to succeed
- A commitment to investing in our products, hiring the best talent, and giving them the chance to meaningfully contribute to a vast market opportunity
- A subscription to an Online Training forum for all technology colleagues
- Minimum 10 years work experience with technology company and a minimum experience of 5+ years with direct people management experience
- Proven experience in influencing and leading a fully remote team of engineers and product owners
- Able to effectively present information, gain feedback and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients and customers
- Harmony, intensity and passion are necessary to blend with the rest of the management team
- Compelling leadership style that includes extraordinary people, program management skills, business and technology expertise with a style that inspires and shows confidence
- Hands-on knowledge of Agile engineering practices
- Possess a blend of business to have a big-picture vision as well as the drive and attention to detail that transforms strategy into action
- Experience collaborating with key stakeholders across the business, while simultaneously empower lean, autonomous product teams
- Experience with any type of Time & Attendance SaaS product highly desired, experience with Payroll, HR, Talent, Benefits, and Data Integration solutions, a plus (interest in developing and maintaining this expertise, an absolute must)
- Passion for partnering with Recruitment and Human Resources to identify, attract, retain and develop top talent
During the last three months, you would have:
- Developed creative products that improve the user’s business experience.
- Identified, developed and articulated the appropriate tech & product missions; develop the overall product offering strategy and conceptual approach.
- Be a sounding board for ideas and a center of excellence for all matters relating to current and future technologies.
- Developed a strategy to secure long-term platform stability and world-class architecture.
- Secure and establish strategies around internal vs. external technology investments.
- Effectively maintain relationships with key partners, and use existing technology.
- Run product innovation within the Product groups that align to market strategies.
- Create a culture of accountability, quality, agility and high performance that will foster the attraction, development and retention of excellent product and technical talent.
- Glassdoor's Employees Choice Award in 2014 and 2017
- 9-time Winner on Chicago Area's 101 Best and Brightest Companies to Work For
- Inc Magazine listed Paylocity as an Inc 5000 Fastest Growing Privately Held Firm from 2007-2013
- Ranked #13 on Built in Chicago Top 100 Digital Companies for 2016
- Ranked #24 on Forbes 2013 List of Top 100 Digital Companies in Chicago
- Ranked #38 on Crain's Fast Fifty List of Chicago's Fastest Growing Companies in 2014