We believe the spoken word has the power to change people’s lives. Audible has reinvented a media category, becoming a powerhouse of creative and original content. We create sensational entertainment experiences that absorb the listener and enhance the character and quality of daily life. Because nothing can inspire, provoke and challenge like a gripping story – and this could be the beginning of your Audible story.
Audible International Expansion team is delivering on a vision for launching new Countries and in-parallel building world class engineering platform to launch new counties faster. We will be building country agnostic components - micro services, desktop-web, mobile web views, mobile apps by leveraging Amazon technology infrastructure and platform.
Success means we lay the foundation for continued expansion of our company without disrupting an already tremendously successful and much-loved product.
A software engineer on International Expansion team will:
Own key services within our platform. "Owning" means envisioning, designing, creating, building and supporting. These services need to operate with a high degree of operational excellence (we measure EVERYTHING).
Partner with product management to imagine, design, develop, test, and launch software that wows our community and inspires our peers.
Be willing to explore and learn un-prompted. Bring problems AND solutions to the table.
Lead the way - "Lead" means staying up to date with tools, trends, technologies and best practices both industry-wide and within Amazon and then sharing that knowledge in a meaningful way with the community.
If you are excited to build software that has a material impact on our customer base and the Audible business as a whole please apply.
HOW DOES AMAZON FIT IN?
We're a part of Amazon, they are our parent company and it's a great partnership. You'll get to play with all of Amazon's technologies like EC2, SQS and S3 but it doesn't stop there. Audible's built on Amazon technology and you'll have insight into the inner workings of the world's leading ecommerce experience. There's a LOT to learn! Your career will benefit from working with teams like Kindle, A9, P13N and many more.
If you want to own and solve problems, work with a creative dynamic team, fail fast in a supportive environment whilst growing your career and working on high volume (2000+ tps) services that support millions of customers worldwide we want to hear from you.
· OO development skills building large scale web applications & Services
· Knowledge of Spring MVC, SOA and automated testing
· Computer Science degree or equivalent experience 1+ year
· Well-rounded engineering skills; full-stack development experience - web + services - If you've built something in your spare time send us the link, we'd love to hear about it!
· Problem solving skills; adaptable, proactive and willing to take ownership.
· Experience with unit testing, code reviews, test automation, continuous integration & deployment and a preference for agile methods.
· Ability to think creatively and adapt the message to the audience.
· Knowledge and experience with Amazon Web Services, Distributed systems
· Experience with Automation — Continuous Integration/Deployment
· Dependency injection frameworks and associated techniques