Data Analysts are the creative thought leaders responsible for leveraging data to maximize performance for our most strategic clients and our product as a whole. We partner closely with the Account Management, Services, Product, Data Science, and Engineering teams to study client and product performance data, identify areas for improvement, and implement enhancements to drive success on our platform. Our team is focused on tool-building and teaching others so that we can scale analytical capabilities across AppNexus. This role is perfect for someone who has a quantitatively-oriented degree, commercial work experience, a passion for mathematics, analytics, coding, and a strong desire to use data to inspire success for our customers.
About the team:
The core mission of the Analytics organization is to drive strategy and execution across the company using data to inform and empower our partners. Whether we’re working with client-facing field teams or internal decision makers, we aim to meet any reporting, analytics, visualization and story-telling needs they may have. Beyond our data capabilities, our team acts as consultants for our partners, breaking down every request to ensure that the analytical insights we’re providing will truly help achieve our partners’ goals. Our toolkit includes elements of theory – probability models, statistics, machine learning, game theory – as well as practical tools and techniques for manipulating and exploring vast quantities of data. Depending on the exact role, we work closely with Production Engineers, Product Managers, Operations, Account Managers, Services, Marketing, and sometimes directly with clients to create novel features, systems, and analyses. We love that our contributions further AppNexus’ position as a pioneer and thought-leader in the AdTech industry, but at the end of the day, we measure our efforts based on the impact and value we create for our clients and internal teammates.
About the job:
- Become an expert in Real Time Bidding (RTB), marketplace dynamics, optimization & yield management, and data visualization
- Leverage creative problem solving and technical skills to tackle new, never-before-solved problems as they arise
- Partner with internal teammates and our largest clients to provide Return on Investment (ROI)-focused insights and recommendations
- Work alongside Data Science, Product and Engineering teams to roll out and monitor success of new algorithms and product lines
- Develop new software, database and computer language capabilities and teach them to others to expand the technical skillset of our team (and our company as a whole)
- Help build our Analytics practice by developing training materials, customer facing assets and internal resources
About your skills and experience:
- 3-6 years of relevant analytics work experience and a quantitatively-oriented degree
- Experience compiling, manipulating, and gleaning insights from extremely large datasets in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial and fluid start-up environment
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with a demonstrable passion to impose structure on seemingly undefined problems, dig into terabytes of data, and quickly construct tools
- Experience with data visualization and using data to tell a story
- Mastery of MS Excel; experience with relational databases, SQL and Python (NumPy, SciPy, Pandas)
- 1-2 years of experience leading projects from initial scoping phase to completion, including presenting insights and making recommendations to senior-level clients or stakeholders
- Outstanding organization and presentation skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
More about you:
- You are passionate about a culture of learning and teaching. You love challenging yourself to constantly improve and sharing your knowledge to empower others.
- You like to take risks when looking for novel solutions to complex problems. If faced with roadblocks, you continue to reach higher to make greatness happen.
- You care about solving big, systemic problems. You look beyond the surface to understand root causes so that you can build long-term solutions for the whole ecosystem.
- You believe in not only serving customers, but also empowering them by providing them with knowledge and tools.