Senior Software Engineer, Machine Learning
AppNexus’ mission is to build a better Internet. We develop a technology platform that powers the real-time sale and purchase of digital advertising. Our platform is engineered to provide one of the fastest, most reliable, and massively scaled advertising systems in the industry. As a transparent and independent partner for some of the largest publishers and advertisers, AppNexus helps ensure that the Internet stays open and free.
AppNexus is seeking a Machine Learning Engineer to join the Creative team. Creatives (or ads) are the transactional unit of online advertising: they are what the user sees. Over the past 3 years, we have seen 50% year-over-year growth in the number of creatives added, and we currently manage over 90MM creatives. We are working on solutions to classify creatives with 99.9% accuracy using pre-trained image feature extraction models and deep learning. Future projects will tackle problems in NLP, text classification, optimization, and anomaly detection.
The most exciting part about working at AppNexus is the enormous potential for personal and professional growth. You will be joining a small team that is only starting to scratch the surface on how we can leverage machine learning to enhance our offering.
About the job:
- Develop infrastructure and tools to productionize new algorithms in a repeatable manner
- Enhance current creative classifier to increase coverage while maintaining accuracy
- Collaborate with Data Scientists to prototype new algorithms and design experiments for evaluation
- Identify opportunities to apply machine learning methodologies to solve new problems
- Participate in design discussions about new features and approaches to implementing new services
About your skills:
- BA/BS degree and 5+ years of experience OR MS/Ph.D degree and 3+ years of experience in software engineering (Degree in Machine Learning or related field preferred)
- Experience building machine learning systems at scale
- Experience with Python and scikit-learn preferred
- Experience with Machine Learning APIs and libraries; Keras and TensorFlow preferred
- Knowledge of databases preferred
More about you:
- You care about finding the right solutions to problems. You can recognize when machine learning should be used and when it shouldn’t be.
- You are passionate about a culture of learning and teaching. You love challenging yourself to constantly improve and sharing your knowledge to empower others.
- You like to take risks when looking for novel solutions to complex problems. If faced with roadblocks, you continue to reach higher to make greatness happen.
- You believe in not only serving customers, but also empowering them by providing knowledge and tools.