Competent to work on simple to fairly complex system program analysis and system programming assignments. Responsible for systems analysis with a focus on internal standards, coding, testing, security and documentation. Assist in determining specifications and develops, assist, modifies and expands new and existing system programs. Must have decision-making skills for problem identification and solution recommendation. Ability to manage multiple projects at the same time.
Perform data processing functions utilizing established procedures and simple to fairly complex ad-hoc procedures.
II. Essential Job Functions
65 Design and Development:
• Works independently on routine assignments. Receives instructions and guidance on more complex assignments.
• With moderate guidance, develops cost-effective information technology solutions by creating new or modifying existing software applications.
• Creates and assists application design for projects that lead to development of new or improved products.
• Participates in application design meetings, conducts code reviews and conducts unit testing.
• Reviews source code to assure quality and precision of work.
• Maintains the coding standards set forth for the application development groups.
• Develops high quality well-documented system codes using various languages (i.e. SAS, SQL, UNIX shell scripting, JAVA, XML, etc.) based on specification developed in conjunction with application experts from other departments within the company.
• Prepares logic diagrams needed in problem analysis.
• Develops common operations which can be reused.
10 Monitoring and reviewing technology and industry direction:
• Assists Senior Staff members in providing both high level and detailed technical design documentation for development projects for use by other engineers and departments within the development organization.
• Acts as a technical consultant to other departments (i.e., user interface design standards, security of technology method, etc.) on emerging technical system issues.
10 Developing and maintaining the Enterprise Architecture:
• Assist in defining principles, standards and processes that comprise the Enterprise Architecture model.
• Monitoring Corporate objectives to understand the business drivers.
• Learns user functions, organization and role in the enterprise to the extent required.
• Analyses and evaluates existing and proposed application architecture and system components utilizing approved processes and systems.
• Assists the Senior & Lead Systems Engineers in the technical evaluation of new Information Technology products or services.
• Upholds the enterprise guidelines established by Senior Staff members.
10 Provide accurate and valuable data for analysis projects:
• Complete routine database marketing projects by utilizing department standards and procedures.
• Meet with database marketing analysts and/or marketers to define objectives for ad-hoc projects. Develop and implement solutions.
• Create flowcharts, set up control parameters for various software programs, submit flowcharts for execution and record counts in order to prepare data files for subsequent analysis.
• Generate graphs and reports.
Provide research and development:
• Lead all Java based development
• Work with big data when it becomes available
• Analyze how big data can be best stored.
III. Minimum Qualifications and Job Requirements | All must be met to be considered.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field; or equivalent education and experience.
• Minimum 4 years professional information technology experience in a large business environment focusing on analysis and programming
Specific Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Proficiency in Java based technology; and/or Java Script