I. Job Summary | Major goals and objectives.
The Associate Technical Analyst will take direction from the HRIS Technical Analyst and will be responsible for assisting with the day-to-day functional and technical activities of Meredith’s Workday environment. Depending on the project or task, this position may lead or assist with these efforts.
This position involves collaborating with the HRIS Technical Analyst to understand system needs, establish priorities, and develop solutions. This may involve working with consulting partners, assessing needs of the expected user base and working with application owners of ancillary business systems to establish and implement integration strategies.
This role will work with Human Resources, Benefits, and Payroll personnel as directed by the HRIS Technical Analyst. The goals of these activities will be to develop and implement enhanced functionality or achieve greater process efficiencies.
The Associate Technical Analyst must have the ability to apply advanced logic and custom coding skills to develop new Workday functionality, improve existing functionality, and create custom reports. The employee in this role must also possess excellent problem-solving skills, strong oral and written communication skills, and have the ability to adapt the message to the level of the audience.
The Associate Technical Analyst must maintain functional relationships with the Human Resources, Benefits, and Payroll leadership team so that the business takes ‘directional ownership’ of the best practice solution and understands the enterprise value offered by this end-to-end, integrated solution.
The Associate Technical Analyst’s responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Collaborate with HRIS Technical Analyst and business users on requests coming from Meredith’s Human Resources, Benefits, and Payroll teams. This will require a level of comfort and ability to communicate effectively with front-line personnel and corporate executives alike in order to capture business requirements and communicate solutions
- Translate business requirements into technical requirements
- Configure HRIS (Workday) system according to the business and technical requirements
- Create and Manage customer Workday functionality and integrations utilizing required data software tools including: Cloud Connect, Workday Studio, Enterprise Interface Builder Templates, Informatica, XML, or Web Service Calls
- Manage Workday upgrade process
- Understand the features, functionality, and applications changes included in each Workday upgrade
- Create and execute a testing plan to test the upgrades in Meredith’s environment
- Create and execute a testing plan to test the new functionality included in the upgrade
- Guide and manage the business users in their testing efforts
- Work with the HRIS Technical Analyst, Human Resources, Benefits, and Payroll to determine which new functionality is needed in Meredith’s environment
- Document and communicate issues found in testing and manage the process for remediating the issues
- Identify, create and support various reporting need of the groups utilizing Workday tools, Microstrategy, or other business intelligence applications
- Provide end-user troubleshooting, issue remediation, and escalation management
- Work with HRIS Technical Analyst and application owners to create and deliver system training
II. Essential Job Functions
Accountabilities, Actions and Expected Measurable Results
Technical Support and Training
- Provide end-user troubleshooting, issue remediation, and escalation management.
- Prioritize and manage functional and technical requests and technical flaws
- Provide guidance on HRIS best practices and application usage
- Work with application owners to create and deliver system training
- Work with application owners to develop a testing plan to be used during upgrades and other new product releases
- Manage testing plan during upgrade and new functionality testing
- Document and track all requests for assistance utilizing Jira tools
Technical Project Analysis, Execution and Management
- Participates in translating business requirements into design and technical specs
- Create and maintain custom Workday functionality and reports using the Workday design tools
- Assist with change requests, leverage other business technology and IT resources when necessary
- Ability to determine end user needs and customize applications to support the needs of business users
- Ability to create, execute and maintain data integrations with outside providers
- Understand and assist with defining and maintaining project scope
- Provide Status updates to Technical Analyst and appropriate business users
- Ability to meet aggressive deadlines
- Ability to adapt to changes in scope
- Track all projects and tasks utilizing Jira tools
Business Analysis and Communication
- Provide status of project workflow timeline and process
- Work with stakeholders to gather business requirements
- Identify, create and support various reporting needs as required of the groups
- Translates business requirements into design and technical specs
- Work with stakeholders to gather business requirements
III. Minimum Qualifications and Job Requirements | All must be met to be considered.
BS/BA in Business Administration, Information Technology or equivalent education or experience.
Minimum 4 years’ experience in a technical or implementation role.
Including 2 years of experience in a technical support or implementation role;
Experience supporting a Workday implementation (Preferred)
Specific Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- General understanding of human resource, benefits, and payroll processes
- Master Data Management
- Familiarity with Workday application functionality
- Familiarity with Workday technical toolset
- Organizational change management
- Preferred experience to include Cloud Connect, Workday Studio, EIB Templates, Informatica, XML, or Web Service Calls; Workday tools, Microstrategy, or other business intelligence applications.
- General involvement in business requirements and experience in direct internal customer contact
- Must be able to express complex concepts effectively, both orally and in writing
- Must be highly motivated, self-directed and able to handle multiple tasks / projects simultaneously
- Strong presentation and facilitation skills