Job ID: 1800001913
The AVP, Technology Digital Scrum Master will be responsible for leading one or more of our agile scrum teams executing on digital product development for our PayPal portfolio. This includes features and enhancements across our customer-facing digital servicing, acquisitions and web services platforms used by millions of customers. This role is responsible for collaborating with digital product owners in setting the roadmap for these platforms, driving new innovations, and leading the agile teams to deliver in partnership with the cross-functional portfolio team and other digital teams within the company. Synchrony is investing significantly in digital, including redesigning many of our platforms to have cutting-edge UX, rolling out all-new platforms and features to meet the changing needs of our customers, and driving new innovation in digital.
This scrum master role supporting our PayPal portfolio and will be based in our newest Innovation Station in Baltimore, MD. Synchrony Financial Innovation Stations are the hotbed of innovation and thought leadership throughout the company, with cross-functional teams focused on developing new products, agile development, and innovation practices. Read more about the Stamford Innovation Station here: http://read.bi/1X592di
- Passionate about leading development teams as a Project Manager/ Scrum Master
- Work with client teams and business to shape client requirements and provide ongoing communication through project execution
- Formulate development stories, acceptance criteria, assumptions, and all related documentation are timely and complete, supporting development, testing, and user acceptance activities.
- Generate process reports indicating velocity, burn-down, etc.
- Communicate and facilitate effectively across diverse audiences within and outside of the Sprint Team (program peers, key stakeholders, executives,)
- Manage a diverse Technology team consisting of application architects, application engineers, UX designers, and outsourced vendors.
- Conduct Scrum Ceremonies: Daily Stand Ups, Backlog Grooming, Sprint Planning, Demos/Reviews, Retrospectives, and release planning.
- Manage Sprints - keeping order, process, delivery, priorities accurate and on time
- Keep scrum team focused on concrete priorities while keeping outside influences from disrupting the Scrum team and actively identify and remove waste and distractions
- Work with Product Owners and QA team to ensure that testing and feedback is completed in a timely manner and meeting the Sprint timelines
- Advocate for autonomous, self-organizing, empowered, and continuously improving teams
- Participate as part of the Synchrony Innovation Station in contributing and leading innovation activities and practices with the full cross-functional product team and in partnership with the other Synchrony Innovation Stations.
- Perform other duties and/or special projects as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree and 2+ years of IT experience or equivalent leadership program experience or in lieu of degree High School Diploma/GED and 4+ years of IT experience, experience in developing and implementing information systems and project management experience
- Strong knowledge of Agile practices
- Working knowledge of Scrum and Scrum tools (e.g. Jira)
- Good listening and communication
- Problem solver – Conflict resolver
- Collaborative and team building, fostering team engagement, ownership and accountability
- Facilitates consensus and encourages open discussion to identify all facets of the product delivery
- Facilitation (discussions, meetings)
- Planning and organization skills
- Mentoring, coaching, training and encouraging
- Situation awareness (identify impediments, assess efficiency)
- You must be 18 years or older
- You must have a high school diploma or equivalent
- You must be willing to take a drug test, submit to a background investigation and submit fingerprints as part of the selection process
- You must be able to satisfy the requirements of Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
- Effective 1-1-18, new hires (Level 4-7) must have 9 months of continuous service with the company before they are eligible to post on other roles. Once this new hire time in position requirement is met, the associate will have a minimum 6 months’ time in position before they can post for future non-exempt roles. Employees, level 8 or greater, must have at least 24 months’ time in position before they can post. All internal employees must have at least a “consistently meets expectations” performance rating and have approval from your manager to post (or the approval of your manager and HR if you don’t meet the time in position or performance requirement).
Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice:
- Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
- If you need special accommodations, please call our Career Support Line so that we can discuss your specific situation. We can be reached at 1-866-301-5627. Representatives are available from 8am – 5pm Monday to Friday, Central Standard Time.
The salary range for this position is 70,000.00 - 150,000.00 USD Annual
Salaries are adjusted according to market in CA and Metro NY and some positions are bonus eligible.