VP, Retail Card Finance - QVC (L12)
Job ID: 1800001105
This role will provide strategic and operational financial leadership to our QVC and zulily clients. These portfolios are part of The QVC Group which consists of eight leading retail brands: QVC, HSN, zulily, Ballard Designs, Frontgate, Garnet Hill, Grandin Road and Improvements. The QVC Group offers an engaging shopping experience combining the best of retail, media and social and reaches over 360 million homes worldwide. The role will partner with the General Managers in developing the growth strategies and managing key aspects of the programs. Finally, this role works cross-functionally inside the organization (marketing, credit, and enterprise operations) as well as have direct interactions with the clients.
- Support the General Managers and cross-functional teams in delivering financial commitments
- Understand key contractual requirements and ensure that we are delivering on those obligations
- Provide financial leadership including ensuring the development of key processes and financial analytics over the portfolios
- Produce financial analysis of the portfolios and identify key trends and indicators of performance for the QVC and zulily
- Key cross-functional member working with marketing on investment analysis and returns, marketing fund analysis and expenditures; work with credit on segment profitability and determine the financial implications of credit actions; work with enterprise operations on cost drivers and ability to drive productivity and analyze investments
- Execute financial models including short and long-term planning forecasts, including estimates and analysis of operating results versus those plans on a rate / volume basis
- Financial leader in strategic operating committee meetings with QVC and zulily
- Engage in financial discussions with the clients
- Support growth initiatives, evaluate investment decisions and influence strategy to ensure business profitability
- Provide key ad-hoc analysis
- Perform other duties and/or special projects as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or related field or lieu of degree, 10 years equivalent experience
- Minimum of 5+ years of finance experience
- Experience in financial modeling and use of Oracle / Hyperion Systems and databases
- Strong process and analytical skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work cross-functionally, adapt to a small environment
- Strong commercial skills and ability to interact with QVC contacts
- Experience in collaboration on cross-functional teams and leading projects/initiatives
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite, including Excel, PowerPoint, Word & Outlook
- You must be 18 years or older
- You must have a high school diploma or equivalent
- You must be willing to take a drug test, submit to a background investigation and submit fingerprints as part of the selection process
- You must be able to satisfy the requirements of Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
- Effective 1-1-18, new hires (Level 4-7) must have 9 months of continuous service with the company before they are eligible to post on other roles. Once this new hire time in position requirement is met, the associate will have a minimum 6 months’ time in position before they can post for future non-exempt roles. Employees, level 8 or greater, must have at least 24 months’ time in position before they can post. All internal employees must have at least a “consistently meets expectations” performance rating and have approval from your manager to post (or the approval of your manager and HR if you don’t meet the time in position or performance requirement).
Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice:
- Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
- If you need special accommodations, please call our Career Support Line so that we can discuss your specific situation. We can be reached at 1-866-301-5627. Representatives are available from 8am – 5pm Monday to Friday, Central Standard Time.
The salary range for this position is 85,000.00 - 170,000.00 USD Annual
Salaries are adjusted according to market in CA and Metro NY and some positions are bonus eligible.