Job ID: 1800001264
This role is in Synchrony’s Loss Forecast team, with responsibilities for preparing credible estimate of portfolio credit losses for the entire Synchrony portfolio using primarily vintage based models, as well as evaluation and creation of several business and environment specific scenarios. The role includes responsibilities to execute the models as well as communicate the results and supporting rationale to the stakeholders that include senior functional leadership as well as client portfolio credit managers.
- Analyze credit performance and portfolio trends through various means including evaluating credit underwriting strategy, asset quality metrics, consumer behavior, macro influences etc.
- Create and maintain reporting capabilities to enable analysis of segment, and client level forecasts/ scenarios
- Prepare presentation material to articulate forecast output to functional leadership and cross functional teams
- Source/ organize/develop all necessary inputs required to the run the models including historical input data, forecast assumptions
- Timely model execution, including evaluation of actual portfolio performance / credit trends to make informed forecast assumptions
- Conduct robust monitoring of critical inputs and outputs, and Maintain/ execute controls throughout model execution. Support Internal / External Audit reviews
- Perform other duties and/or special projects as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree with quantitative underpinning (i.e., Risk, Accounting, Business, Economics, Finance, Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering) and 5+ years of experience in Risk, Credit, or Collections in Consumer lending, or other relevant professional experience or in lieu of degree 9+ years of experience in Risk, Credit, or Collections in Consumer Lending
- 2+ years of experience with using Consumer lending industry specific vintage based modeling tools/ techniques (preferably with revolving credit products)
- 3+ years of experience in credit loss modelling in areas such as Loss forecasting, ALLL, Stress testing, or other areas with consumer credit impairment estimation
- 2+ years of experience using SAS (BASE / EG) to query large databases, perform statistical analysis
- Good understanding of US economic environment, common macro-economic indicators and correlations to consumer credit performance
- Familiarity with establishing and maintaining process controls for large/complex processes
- Familiarity with data archival practices to ensure space optimization/easy retrieval
- Prior experience with building reports using data visualization tools such as Tableau/ Power BI
- Intermediate/ Advanced EXCEL skills with demonstrable familiarity with data models/ power query, pivot-tables, macros, and other techniques
- Intermediate/Strong PowerPoint skills, including ability to create understandable presentations that incorporate graphs or other visual aides to portray complex subjects
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, to independently present explanations of complex subjects
- You must be 18 years or older
- You must have a high school diploma or equivalent
- You must be willing to take a drug test, submit to a background investigation and submit fingerprints as part of the selection process
- You must be able to satisfy the requirements of Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
- Effective 1-1-18, new hires (Level 4-7) must have 9 months of continuous service with the company before they are eligible to post on other roles. Once this new hire time in position requirement is met, the associate will have a minimum 6 months’ time in position before they can post for future non-exempt roles. Employees, level 8 or greater, must have at least 24 months’ time in position before they can post. All internal employees must have at least a “consistently meets expectations” performance rating and have approval from your manager to post (or the approval of your manager and HR if you don’t meet the time in position or performance requirement).
Applicants external to Synchrony Financial who are currently employed on H-1B visa must have at least 2 years of eligibility remaining on their current visa term in order for Synchrony Financial to petition for an employment based visa on behalf of such applicant. L1 visa would be considered for an internal candidate meeting all requirements for the L1 and all US Synchrony Financial eligibility requirements.
Applicants holding other types of visas, such as F-1 visas, must have at least 2 years of eligibility that would permit them to work for Synchrony Financial.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice:
- Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
- If you need special accommodations, please call our Career Support Line so that we can discuss your specific situation. We can be reached at 1-866-301-5627. Representatives are available from 8am – 5pm Monday to Friday, Central Standard Time.
The salary range for this position is 70,000.00 - 150,000.00 USD Annual
Salaries are adjusted according to market in CA and Metro NY and some positions are bonus eligible.