Job ID: 1800000626
Point of Sale Systems Technical Lead will support mission critical Point of Sale (POS) systems and project delivery that directly impacts business success. The application area will span diverse technical
domains, Tandem, Midrange, middleware, UNIX, Oracle and Mainframe. This role will work directly with clients and technical engineers.
- Manage interfaces and communication layers for retail hardware devices and POS peripherals such as: store
- registers, internet
- Participate in addressing Production support failure incidents/Root Cause Analysis with Service Delivery team and provide direction in problem resolution
- Work closely with a team comprised of Software Engineers, Business Analysts, and Quality Assurance staff to design and implement strategic POS products residing on HP NonStop.
- Perform needs analysis to best determine how to meet customer requirements
- Design and conduct design modifications of complex systems or subsystems
- Maintain expertise in functions, processes and systems supporting the Synchrony Financial Credit Card Point of Sale Systems platform.
- Participate in meetings for the discussion and coordination of activities with internal business and IT partners and suppliers.
- Understand IT stakeholders, business and customer expectations, needs and goals.
- Review and certify IT estimates, requirements, design, develop and testing deliverables for components related to Application area.
- Review project plans and provide feedback to Project Management.
- Complete high-level design and review with 3rd party team responsible for detailed design.
- Ensure compliance with architecture, technical, and security standards set by Synchrony Financial
- Participate in finding ways to increase efficiency, minimize operating expense and improve system performance.
- Assist with escalated technical support calls
- Perform other duties and/or special projects as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science/Engineering or related field, with a minimum of 5 years of experience in
- Information Technology; OR 2) In lieu of the Bachelor's degree, a minimum of 9 years of experience in Information Technology.
- Minimum of 3 years of IT Professional experience in the Retail / Finance Point Of Sale (POS) industry.
- Minimum 3 years of experience working with interfaces and communication layers for retail hardware devices and POS peripherals such as: store registers, internet, magnetic stripe readers.
- Experience with credit card processing including: authorization/settlement, signature capture.
- Experience with standard ISO credit transaction formats and Specifications.
- Working knowledge of PCI Compliance.
- Understanding of technical architecture in order to provide quality solutions for business.
- You must be 18 years or older
- You must have a high school diploma or equivalent
- You must be willing to take a drug test, submit to a background investigation and submit fingerprints as part of the selection process
- You must be able to satisfy the requirements of Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
- Effective 1-1-18, new hires (Level 4-7) must have 9 months of continuous service with the company before they are eligible to post on other roles. Once this new hire time in position requirement is met, the associate will have a minimum 6 months’ time in position before they can post for future non-exempt roles. Employees, level 8 or greater, must have at least 24 months’ time in position before they can post. All internal employees must have at least a “consistently meets expectations” performance rating and have approval from your manager to post (or the approval of your manager and HR if you don’t meet the time in position or performance requirement).
Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice:
- Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
- If you need special accommodations, please call our Career Support Line so that we can discuss your specific situation. We can be reached at 1-866-301-5627. Representatives are available from 8am – 5pm Monday to Friday, Central Standard Time.
The salary range for this position is 70,000.00 - 150,000.00 USD Annual
Salaries are adjusted according to market in CA and Metro NY and some positions are bonus eligible.