Job ID: 1800001173
This role is in Synchrony’s Loss Forecast team, with a focus on development of the Company’s loss forecast, as well as a focus on conducting deep dives on sub portfolio segments with the ability to communicate the conclusions in a clear manner. Responsibilities also include partnering with teams like Credit strategy / Portfolio management / Collections / Finance etc., to collect pertinent inputs, and articulate quantitative analysis / hypothesis to stakeholders.
The role will leverage available modeling tools to drive understanding of results, as well as conduct qualitative analyses to ensure holistic and reasonable estimate of credit losses.
- Retail Partner Loss Forecast Analytics
- Produce analytical insights to enable holistic discussions relating to credit quality, loss forecast and ALLL for assigned portfolio sub segments
- Conduct analysis / deep dives as needed in support of Retail Partner(s) credit risk dynamics (strategy changes, mix shifts, value proposition changes etc.)
- Ongoing engagement with credit, collections, finance teams for assigned Retail partner(s) to stay informed about existing performance/ upcoming changes
- Portfolio Analytics - Establish and maintain standard analytical insights into the model to keep supervisor informed about key drivers and trends
- Create, compile and present materials
- Contribute in control processes (Preparer / Reviewer checks) for loss forecasting models
- Perform other duties and/or special projects as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree with quantitative underpinning (i.e., Risk, Accounting, Business, Economics, Finance, Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering) and 3+ years of experience in Risk, Credit, Finance, Accounting, Consumer lending, or other relevant professional experience or in lieu of degree 7+ years of experience in Risk, Credit, Finance, Accounting or Consumer Lending
- 2+ years of experience in credit loss modeling in areas such as Loss Forecasting, ALLL, Stress Testing, or other areas with consumer credit impairment estimation
- 2+ years of experience communicating conclusions of in-depth analysis
- 2+ years of experience using SAS / SQL or other packages to perform statistical analysis, query relational databases, and handle large amounts of data
- Advanced EXCEL skills with demonstrable familiarity with data models, power query, pivot-tables, macros, and other techniques
- Intermediate/Strong PowerPoint skills, including ability to create understandable presentations that incorporate graphs other visual aides to portray complex subjects
- Graduate degree with quantitative underpinning, MBA, CFA or other relevant certifications or designations
- Familiarity with specific Loss forecast models especially as related to credit card and consumer lending
- Knowledge of external environment and common macro-economic indicators and correlations
- Ability to manage multiple competing initiatives and deliver results within deadlines and with a focus on accuracy and attention to detail
- Prior experience with building reports using data visualization tools such as Tableau/ Power BI
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, to independently present explanations of complex subjects
- You must be 18 years or older
- You must have a high school diploma or equivalent
- You must be willing to take a drug test, submit to a background investigation and submit fingerprints as part of the selection process
- You must be able to satisfy the requirements of Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
- Effective 1-1-18, new hires (Level 4-7) must have 9 months of continuous service with the company before they are eligible to post on other roles. Once this new hire time in position requirement is met, the associate will have a minimum 6 months’ time in position before they can post for future non-exempt roles. Employees, level 8 or greater, must have at least 24 months’ time in position before they can post. All internal employees must have at least a “consistently meets expectations” performance rating and have approval from your manager to post (or the approval of your manager and HR if you don’t meet the time in position or performance requirement).
Applicants external to Synchrony Financial who are currently employed on H-1B visa must have at least 2 years of eligibility remaining on their current visa term in order for Synchrony Financial to petition for an employment based visa on behalf of such applicant. L1 visa would be considered for an internal candidate meeting all requirements for the L1 and all US Synchrony Financial eligibility requirements.
Applicants holding other types of visas, such as F-1 visas, must have at least 2 years of eligibility that would permit them to work for Synchrony Financial.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice:
- Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
- If you need special accommodations, please call our Career Support Line so that we can discuss your specific situation. We can be reached at 1-866-301-5627. Representatives are available from 8am – 5pm Monday to Friday, Central Standard Time.
The salary range for this position is 60,000.00 - 130,000.00 USD Annual
Salaries are adjusted according to market in CA and Metro NY and some positions are bonus eligible.