Job ID: 1800001623
This AVP, Specialty Retail Group Marketing Analytics role provides strategic insights and analytic thought leadership to influence marketing strategies for two of our key partners. They are responsible for developing and deploying strategies pertaining to credit card acquisition, EMOB, lifecycle, and retention. This role will work directly with our partners as well as cross-functionally to provide strategic analytics, campaign design, and reporting. In addition to internal credit card data, this role will leverage retail data from our partners to develop analyses to drive growth. This is a hands-on role that requires daily use of a data querying and analysis tools such as SAS, SQL, Python, or R.
- Identify actionable profit-based marketing opportunities through customer analysis and data-driven insights
- Partner with Marketing, Credit, and Sales to develop integrated solutions to grow credit penetration, incremental sales, and net income
- Owns the full cycle of analyses from beginning to end – identify business question, query and analyze data, identify insights, package and present to internal/external stakeholders
- Leverage retail data provided by partners to develop richer analyses and insights
- Develop business case presentations and action plans to drive marketing strategy including targeting recommendations, test design, channel optimization, product opportunities and cost/benefit analysis
- Establish test and control strategies to measure bottom-line impact of targeting strategies by leveraging advanced analytical tools such as segmentation and statistical models
- Produce campaign analytics to track results of strategies deployed. Create "test and learn" culture through ongoing assessment of offers and targeting strategies
- Act as a strategy and analytic consultant for large-scale initiatives, providing guidance and leadership for the design, analysis and measurement phases of the project
- Perform other duties and/or special projects as assigned
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution, OR in lieu of degree, a high school diploma and 5+ years of progressive experience in a marketing or customer analytics role in the financial services, credit card and/or payments industry
- 3+ years of progressive experience in a marketing or customer analytics role at multi-product/multi-channel financial services or retail organization
- 1+ years of experience with statistical analysis and database tools such as SAS, R, SPSS, or SQL with data visualization required
- Proven hands-on experience utilizing SAS or SQL data mining skills
- Excellent communication skills and ability to influence senior corporate decision makers
- Strong understanding of targeting and segmentation, retail analytic tools, and advanced skills using Excel and PowerPoint
- Data visualization experience utilizing Tableau, SAS VA, or comparable tools
- Experience using external data sources to drive growth for clients
- Ability to innovate and find creative solutions to meet business goals
- Proven ability to work independently yet as key member and contributor to a broader team
- You must be 18 years or older
- You must have a high school diploma or equivalent
- You must be willing to take a drug test, submit to a background investigation and submit fingerprints as part of the selection process
- You must be able to satisfy the requirements of Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
- Effective 1-1-18, new hires (Level 4-7) must have 9 months of continuous service with the company before they are eligible to post on other roles. Once this new hire time in position requirement is met, the associate will have a minimum 6 months’ time in position before they can post for future non-exempt roles. Employees, level 8 or greater, must have at least 24 months’ time in position before they can post. All internal employees must have at least a “consistently meets expectations” performance rating and have approval from your manager to post (or the approval of your manager and HR if you don’t meet the time in position or performance requirement).
Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice:
- Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
- If you need special accommodations, please call our Career Support Line so that we can discuss your specific situation. We can be reached at 1-866-301-5627. Representatives are available from 8am – 5pm Monday to Friday, Central Standard Time.
The salary range for this position is 70,000.00 - 150,000.00 USD Annual
Salaries are adjusted according to market in CA and Metro NY and some positions are bonus eligible.