Job ID: 1800001641
Synchrony’s New Business Team specializes in onboarding new retail clients and converting portfolios. We manage overall business to business on-boarding and migration activities with leaders from across all functions. Client Integration Manager will be a member of this team and is responsible for leading all efforts related to new client initiatives within Synchrony Financial. This includes, but not limited to; developing the business and launch strategy and partnering with the various organizations to determine the best implementation, testing and launch plan. This role also oversees the execution of the implementation plan, assembles and manages the cross-functional “launch team”, secures testing resources and works with the partner on certification (testing) and program launch plans. A strong knowledge of the interrelationships between business development, finance, credit, fraud/risk, legal/compliance, marketing, technology, digital, and ECE interactions is required.
- Be the “face” of Synchrony to the new client during the integration phase and centrally coordinate all aspects of credit program across all business functions to successfully launch a new program.
- Oversee and ensure that New Client initiative implementation plans are developed and staffed, as well as to lead and monitor the execution throughout.
- Assign necessary tasks to team members and provide direction & guidance for timelines, process, milestones, reporting cadence, issue resolution, documentation, etc.
- Evaluate business requirements and deliverables to ensure a comprehensive start-up or conversion plan is developed that encompasses all build, marketing collaterals, new feature testing, certification and other required testing.
- Partner with internal product teams to align and evaluate best integration strategy for all features and functions committed to the new client.
- Provide leadership and own the escalation point for all issue resolution that might arise across functional teams in assigned work streams.
- Evolve and optimize implementation plan and strategies as Synchrony migrates to an agile environment that combines multiple release dates for a final launch
- Provide updates to Senior Leaders and other internal and external stake holders on integration project statuses on a regular basis.
- Ensure adherence of all compliance and corporate governance policies throughout the implementation.
- Manage planning and all required communication with any third-party partners involved, including First Data for the implementation.
- Travel to client locations as needed to lead discovery sessions, project kick-off meetings, work-out sessions, etc.
- Perform other duties and/or special projects as assigned
- Bachelor's degree with minimum 5 years of experience in Information Technology OR in lieu of the Bachelor's degree minimum 7 years of experience in Information Technology
- 5 – 10 years management experience including leading large complex programs over multiple releases.
- Experience working with Partners as well as vendors
- Proficient in MS Project, Power Point, and Excel
- Experience in cards business, financial products or retail systems
- 3-5 + years conversion or business integration experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including external Executive and C suite communications
- Proven track record with various testing models
- Agile and Scrum Master experience and certification
- Strong leadership and rigorous project management skills with the ability to successfully manage multiple priorities in a high-speed, quickly changing business environment
- Ability to lead large, diverse, and geographically distributed project teams
- Able to demonstrate strong problem-solving skills, technical, operations and business levels
- Ability to drive results in a matrixed environment
- Strong quality/process improvement experience
- Strong negotiation skills
- A high degree of self-initiation
- Strong Customer Experience focus
- You must be 18 years or older
- You must have a high school diploma or equivalent
- You must be willing to take a drug test, submit to a background investigation and submit fingerprints as part of the selection process
- You must be able to satisfy the requirements of Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
- Effective 1-1-18, new hires (Level 4-7) must have 9 months of continuous service with the company before they are eligible to post on other roles. Once this new hire time in position requirement is met, the associate will have a minimum 6 months’ time in position before they can post for future non-exempt roles. Employees, level 8 or greater, must have at least 24 months’ time in position before they can post. All internal employees must have at least a “consistently meets expectations” performance rating and have approval from your manager to post (or the approval of your manager and HR if you don’t meet the time in position or performance requirement).
Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice:
- Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
- If you need special accommodations, please call our Career Support Line so that we can discuss your specific situation. We can be reached at 1-866-301-5627. Representatives are available from 8am – 5pm Monday to Friday, Central Standard Time.