Job ID: 1800001809
The VP, Account Management Strategy role is responsible for driving analytic insights and strategic account management credit line and authorization initiatives for the PayPal Program, including the PayPal Co-Brand and PayPal Credit portfolios. Work closely cross functionally to identify, understand and design innovative account management strategies to grow and drive the success of the business.
- Develop, execute, monitor, and drive process improvement of credit line and authorization strategies that grow the business within the risk appetite and policies.
- Build for the future by understanding industry, economic and business needs.
- Analyze and explore datasets in order to find opportunities for credit innovation through data analytics
- Partner with client teams and influence Senior leaders on strategy enhancements needed for the complexity of business growth and alignment across areas.
- Work closely with other Credit and Risk leaders and client teams to ensure strategic initiatives support both business and client objectives.
- Responsible for process controls, & maintaining regulatory review rhythm with Compliance, Legal & Fair Lending Teams.
- Supports related exams, audits and business continuity planning.
- Perform other duties and/or special projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree and 7+ years of experience in Credit, Marketing, Risk or Collections Analytics in Financial services, or in lieu of a Bachelor's degree, 9+ years of experience in Marketing, Risk or Collections Analytics in Financial services.
- 3+ years of experience working with statistical tools such as SAS, Model Builder Decision Tree, Knowledge Seeker and others.
- Natural curiosity and passion to drive change in consumer banking for the better.
- Advanced programming with C++, Java, Scala, and/or Python
- Leadership experience operating at a strategic level as part of a cross functional team
- Use/awareness of advanced technical & analytical competencies in driving effective strategic goals within a significant functional area
- Strong communication and presentation skills and the ability to interact with and present to SYF senior leaders
- Experience with consumer and commercial lending products and practices
- Master’s Degree or MBA with advanced analytic focus, or equivalent advanced degree
- You must be 18 years or older
- You must have a high school diploma or equivalent
- You must be willing to take a drug test, submit to a background investigation and submit fingerprints as part of the selection process
- You must be able to satisfy the requirements of Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
- Effective 1-1-18, new hires (Level 4-7) must have 9 months of continuous service with the company before they are eligible to post on other roles. Once this new hire time in position requirement is met, the associate will have a minimum 6 months’ time in position before they can post for future non-exempt roles. Employees, level 8 or greater, must have at least 24 months’ time in position before they can post. All internal employees must have at least a “consistently meets expectations” performance rating and have approval from your manager to post (or the approval of your manager and HR if you don’t meet the time in position or performance requirement).
Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice:
- Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
- If you need special accommodations, please call our Career Support Line so that we can discuss your specific situation. We can be reached at 1-866-301-5627. Representatives are available from 8am – 5pm Monday to Friday, Central Standard Time.
The salary range for this position is 85,000.00 - 170,000.00 USD Annual
Salaries are adjusted according to market in CA and Metro NY and some positions are bonus eligible.