Job ID: 1800000041
This role is responsible for liquidity risk oversight, including liquidity risks arising from the consumer banking platform. Primary responsibilities include developing, maintaining and ensuring compliance with the oversight and governance framework and policies. In addition, the candidate will work with Treasury to review monitoring limits and provide reporting of exposures. The candidate will also get involved in various ad hoc projects related to oversight and governance of key liquidity risks.
- Responsible for continuous monitoring of retail deposits and liquidity risk limits, as well as developing additional metrics as needed, commensurate with potential new emerging risks
- Develop and enhance independent analytic dashboard as related to Retail Deposits and Liquidity to monitor treasury risks
- Provide effective challenge during functional risk assessments
- Execute disciplined Issues Management process
- Evaluate exception requests around retails deposits and liquidity risk limits, policies and guidelines
- Coordinate with other cross functional risk teams on development of ongoing monitoring and Risk testing plans for these risks
- Work on due diligence efforts related to new deposit products and impact on treasury processes
- Work with VP, Treasury Risk Oversight Leader to prioritize Risk testing agenda for these risks
- Attend Retail Deposit Pricing Subcommittee, Consumer Banking Risk Working Group and Funding, Liquidity and Investments Working Group
- Perform other duties and/or special projects as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree and minimum of 5 years of experience in consumer banking or financing businesses; or in lieu of a degree a minimum of 9 years of experience in consumer banking or financing businesses
- At least 2 years of experience working in liquidity risk
- Understanding of Basel III Liquidity rules
- Previous experience in independent oversight role
- At least 2 years of experience working with or managing advanced risk analytics
- Demonstrated ability to effectively challenge and influence
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Ability to work independently in fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated quantitative skill set
- Excellent interpersonal skills - ability to foster relationships and build informal networks without compromising independence
- You must be 18 years or older
- You must have a high school diploma or equivalent
- You must be willing to take a drug test, submit to a background investigation and submit fingerprints as part of the selection process
- You must be able to satisfy the requirements of Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
- Effective 1-1-18, new hires (Level 4-7) must have 9 months of continuous service with the company before they are eligible to post on other roles. Once this new hire time in position requirement is met, the associate will have a minimum 6 months’ time in position before they can post for future non-exempt roles. Employees, level 8 or greater, must have at least 24 months’ time in position before they can post. All internal employees must have at least a “consistently meets expectations” performance rating and have approval from your manager to post (or the approval of your manager and HR if you don’t meet the time in position or performance requirement).
Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice:
- Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
- If you need special accommodations, please call our Career Support Line so that we can discuss your specific situation. We can be reached at 1-866-301-5627. Representatives are available from 8am – 5pm Monday to Friday, Central Standard Time.