Cyber Security Data Architect (L09)
Job ID: 1800001098
The Cyber Security Data Architect supports cyber fraud detection activities by leveraging internal and external data through machine learning and analytics to develop and automate fraud detection and continual process improvements. Our team leverages cyber security principles to detect and hunt for fraud activity within Synchrony’s environment.
This role requires highly technical hands-on analysis and professional discretion to handle sensitive issues and investigations.
This role is ideal for a candidate who has recently or will soon graduate Synchrony’s Business Leadership Program in the IT track.
- Coordinating with Fraud Organization, Information Security and other IT functions to determine requirements and opportunities for threat detection and policy/prevention recommendations
- Leverage machine learning and statistical modelling to build high fidelity detection, including tasks such as problem definition, data acquisition, data exploration, feature engineering, testing and researching approaches and finally the building of production quality code for implementation and deployment
- Leverage Automation and analytics to develop fraud hunting capabilities to detect ring activity
- Mature the SIFT metrics program to continuously provide timely insights into the operational performance and allow for intelligence driven decisions
- Assist in leading the efforts to migrate use cases from Splunk and the data warehouse to the Data Lake
- Develop and drive research plans to find new ways to solve technology and business problems in information security and fraud overall and at a client level and serve as a change agent
- Interface with fellow team members, colleagues on the fraud, physical security team, business partners, management, vendors, and external parties on best practices
- Ensure Information Security tools and processes meet regulatory requirements
- Understand business objectives, priorities, drivers and technology focus areas
- Provide technical expertise and counsel to management, peers, other organizations, and special project personnel
- Engage with external and internal parties to understand data from different sources
- Present results of analysis to team and other parties (external and internal)
- Excellent Communication skills to be able to present findings to senior management
- Perform other duties and/or special projects as needed
- Bachelor's degree in a quantitative field (such as Engineering, Computer Science, Statistics, Econometrics) and a minimum of 2 years of experience using data science methods in a professional setting
- Minimum 1 year experience writing complex sql queries, extracting and importing large amounts of data
- Minimum 1 year of hands-on experience in statistical analysis languages such as SAS, R and/or Python
- Minimum of 1 year BI Tool experience in one of the following: Tableau, Sisense, Qlik or equivalent
- Splunk, Elasticsearch or SIEM/Log based tool experience
- 1+ years of experience using Spark and Hive
- 1+ years in analytics experience solving real-world business problems or doing analytics/data science research
- Results driven, strategic, conceptual, and innovative thinker
- Highly analytical, detail-oriented, and strong problem solving with a common-sense approach to resolving problems
- Expertise to clearly define complex issues despite incomplete or ambiguous information
- Strong oral and written communications skills
- Strong interpersonal and critical thinking skills
- Team Player and ability to work in a highly collaborative environment
- You must be 18 years or older
- You must have a high school diploma or equivalent
- You must be willing to take a drug test, submit to a background investigation and submit fingerprints as part of the selection process
- You must be able to satisfy the requirements of Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
- Effective 1-1-18, new hires (Level 4-7) must have 9 months of continuous service with the company before they are eligible to post on other roles. Once this new hire time in position requirement is met, the associate will have a minimum 6 months’ time in position before they can post for future non-exempt roles. Employees, level 8 or greater, must have at least 24 months’ time in position before they can post. All internal employees must have at least a “consistently meets expectations” performance rating and have approval from your manager to post (or the approval of your manager and HR if you don’t meet the time in position or performance requirement).
Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice:
- Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
- If you need special accommodations, please call our Career Support Line so that we can discuss your specific situation. We can be reached at 1-866-301-5627. Representatives are available from 8am – 5pm Monday to Friday, Central Standard Time.
The salary range for this position is 52,000.00 - 110,000.00 USD Annual
Salaries are adjusted according to market in CA and Metro NY and some positions are bonus eligible.