Job ID: 1800000012
This role is based in the greater Baltimore area
The AVP, Cloud Engineer will lead API & PCF enablement as well as all enabling tools, environment, CI/CD capabilities, pipelines for the required application, micro services and API to be built to meet business requirements. This individual would also support all significant new service builds from a PCF point of view and act as subject matter expert of the technology platform and ensure its selection, availability, performance and security at Synchrony Financial (SYF). This individual will work with development teams utilizing modern software development methodologies and tools to create new products and APIs for SYF.
- Develop and design elastic, resilient and self healing Cloud native applications
- Work with other development teams, using an agile project framework to provide guidance and direction to project teams ensuring compliance with the standards and best practices.
- Design and Implement applications using latest service based technology trends such as the 12 factor app principles and Micro Services architecture patterns
- Work collaboratively with Product Management and Platform Engineering during development, launch and continuing refinement of PCF and integrated 3 party solutions.
- Maintain deep hands on technical knowledge of PCF, Frameworks and 3rd party integrations. Continuously learn and be at the leading edge of Pivotal and industry trends
- Maintain Source code control hygiene through reviews and mentoring, Highest standard of code quality, test coverage and automation.
- Work with team members to design, architect and implement solutions across geographic locations
- Create, assess, update and maintain documentation pertaining to PCF platforms
- Perform other duties and/or special projects as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science/Engineering or related field, with a minimum of 2 years of experience in Information Technology or, in lieu of the Bachelor's degree, a minimum of 4 years of experience in Information Technology
- Hands on experience designing and implementing solutions leveraging multiple services within public cloud platforms via provider and/or cross platform APIs.
- Recent experience with design, development of Cloud native systems (Pivotal Cloud Foundry) and software solutions for Containerized, Micro services based eco-systems, Application modernization, migration and development on PaaS platforms.
- Expert in cloud native application design, PCF Reference Architectures,12 factor app principles
- Experience with a platform as a service product offerings like Heroku, Elastic Beanstalk, AWS or Azure is a big plus
- Experience working with SAML, oAuth 2, Active Directory and network protocols
- A software development background or with experience in DevOps automation
- Solid communication skills, and must be highly motivated and demonstrate high level of initiative.
- Must be a self-starter, ability to quickly learn, adapt, shows initiative and thinks outside the box.
- Ability to lead teams performing systems automation and integration (leveraging an agile methodology / lean techniques)
- Experience with Continuous Integration tools such as Jenkins, Hudson, Bamboo or others
- Experience in modern development environments, including code quality tooling (e.g. Maven, IDEs, Cucumber, Sonar)
- You must be 18 years or older
- You must have a high school diploma or equivalent
- You must be willing to take a drug test, submit to a background investigation and submit fingerprints as part of the selection process
- You must be able to satisfy the requirements of Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
- Effective 1-1-18, new hires (Level 4-7) must have 9 months of continuous service with the company before they are eligible to post on other roles. Once this new hire time in position requirement is met, the associate will have a minimum 6 months’ time in position before they can post for future non-exempt roles. Employees, level 8 or greater, must have at least 24 months’ time in position before they can post. All internal employees must have at least a “consistently meets expectations” performance rating and have approval from your manager to post (or the approval of your manager and HR if you don’t meet the time in position or performance requirement).
Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice:
- Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
- If you need special accommodations, please call our Career Support Line so that we can discuss your specific situation. We can be reached at 1-866-301-5627. Representatives are available from 8am – 5pm Monday to Friday, Central Standard Time.