Job ID: 1800001631
We are seeking an engaging, and creative project manager to continue to take our Innovation Station journey to the next level! This amazing individual will drive exciting proof of concepts, emerging technology evaluations and Innovation Station engagement with business and client teams, data lake engineering and operations teams and other key stakeholders across Synchrony.
- Lead innovation initiatives engaging within the cross functional Innovation Station team, including emerging technology proof of concepts, prototyping sessions, hackathons, Kaggle type competitions.
- Collaborate with business stakeholders and enterprise teams to shape business requirements for the Proof of Concepts, develop project plans, organize and manage on-shore and off-shore resources and provide ongoing communication through project execution to deliver on time and budget.
- Collaborate and organize high visibility Innovation Station events such as client and business team tours, demos, executive leadership presentations, exciting Innovation Station enhancement projects.
- Execute Innovation Station operational processes related to procurement, finance and operational reporting.
- Collaborate with other teams and special projects as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree with technology or related field and a minimum of 2 years of IT experience OR High School Diploma/GED and minimum of 4 years of IT experience.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in developing and implementing information systems.
- Demonstrated 2 years of experience managing scope and expectations of technology projects including business/technical requirements, schedules, resources, communication.
- Strong ability to engage with cross functional team members in an open collaborative way.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, as well as the ability to manage expectations of the business, clients, team members, executive leadership
- Ability to understand technical requirements of projects and effectively manage resources, vendors and Proof of Concept efforts to deliver on time
- Experience with technology project tools such as Planview, JIRA, and procurement, finance, operational applications
- Familiarity with either UX, or Data Science or Data Engineering technologies – such as HTML, CSS, JS, PHP, MySQL, Backbone, Java, Python/R, Spark
- Experience in payments, financial transactions, emerging transactions, mobile payments, banking software/systems
- Experience managing offshore resources, organizing and motivate large cross-functional teams.
- Strong sense of urgency and motivation to succeed
- Demonstrated experience working independently and within a team environment
- Flexible in work assignments and willingness to help others
- Effectively manage meetings; create open communication and foster idea exchange
- You must be 18 years or older
- You must have a high school diploma or equivalent
- You must be willing to take a drug test, submit to a background investigation and submit fingerprints as part of the selection process
- You must be able to satisfy the requirements of Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
- Effective 1-1-18, new hires (Level 4-7) must have 9 months of continuous service with the company before they are eligible to post on other roles. Once this new hire time in position requirement is met, the associate will have a minimum 6 months’ time in position before they can post for future non-exempt roles. Employees, level 8 or greater, must have at least 24 months’ time in position before they can post. All internal employees must have at least a “consistently meets expectations” performance rating and have approval from your manager to post (or the approval of your manager and HR if you don’t meet the time in position or performance requirement).
Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice:
- Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
- If you need special accommodations, please call our Career Support Line so that we can discuss your specific situation. We can be reached at 1-866-301-5627. Representatives are available from 8am – 5pm Monday to Friday, Central Standard Time.
The salary range for this position is 70,000.00 - 150,000.00 USD Annual
Salaries are adjusted according to market in CA and Metro NY and some positions are bonus eligible.