Job ID: 1800001932
The AVP, IT Application Engineer – Enterprise Integration Services plays a pivotal technical role within Synchrony Financial in successfully developing and integrating web services and delivering high-quality solutions on those platforms. The ideal candidate will work on customer-facing web and service platforms using cutting-edge open source frameworks, to highly-available RESTful services, to back-end Java based systems using latest techniques in cloud computing.
- Lead teams in building new web solutions/platforms and enhancements, working closely with requirements analysts, testers, and the customer in an agile development practice
- Own the technical design and development of cross-functional, multi-platform application systems
- Develop functional and technical specifications from business requirements
- Help create project estimates and plans. Represent engineering team in project meetings and solution discussions
- Ensure application quality and adherence to performance requirements
- Responsible for documentation, code reuse, re-factoring and design patterns standards compliance
- Ensure high standards of availability, scalability, and extensibility of internally developed applications
- Work closely with an experienced staff comprising both Synchrony resources and/or 3rd party contractors
- Help define measurable goals for the team
- Communicate the status of technical stacks and initiatives to stakeholders and leadership
- Keep abreast of emerging technologies while maintaining proficiency in existing technologies
- Perform other duties and/or special projects as assigned
- Bachelor's degree with minimum 5 years of experience in Information Technology OR in lieu of the Bachelor's degree minimum 8 years of experience in Information Technology in a hand on technical role
- Minimum 5 years of experience in software development (languages, systems and frameworks such as Spring/Java, Ruby/Rails, Go, Node.js, messaging (RabbitMQ/AMQP, JMS), RDBMS, NoSQL and Hadoop)
- Minimum 2 years of experience working on or leading teams performing systems automation and integration (in an agile methodology and/or using lean techniques preferred)
- Minimum 2 years of experience with Jenkins, Hudson, Bamboo, and/or other Continuous Integration tools
- Strong working knowledge of the Financial Industry and Consumer Lending
- Experience in designing and developing applications using microservices architecture and cloud based technologies
- Experience in Agile application development methodology
- Ability to achieve results in a cross-functional matrix organization involving multiple technologies, personnel and processes
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- Training and/or Certification in JEE and web based technologies
- You must be 18 years or older
- You must have a high school diploma or equivalent
- You must be willing to take a drug test, submit to a background investigation and submit fingerprints as part of the selection process
- You must be able to satisfy the requirements of Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
- Effective 1-1-18, new hires (Level 4-7) must have 9 months of continuous service with the company before they are eligible to post on other roles. Once this new hire time in position requirement is met, the associate will have a minimum 6 months’ time in position before they can post for future non-exempt roles. Employees, level 8 or greater, must have at least 24 months’ time in position before they can post. All internal employees must have at least a “consistently meets expectations” performance rating and have approval from your manager to post (or the approval of your manager and HR if you don’t meet the time in position or performance requirement).
Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice:
- Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
- If you need special accommodations, please call our Career Support Line so that we can discuss your specific situation. We can be reached at 1-866-301-5627. Representatives are available from 8am – 5pm Monday to Friday, Central Standard Time.
The salary range for this position is 70,000.00 - 150,000.00 USD Annual
Salaries are adjusted according to market in CA and Metro NY and some positions are bonus eligible.