Job ID: 1800001947
Synchrony is seeking a highly capable individual to support the operation of the Synchrony Insider Threat Program. This individual will help build the program, including influencing definition of the program framework, strategy, technology and program governance standards and procedures. This individual will perform day to day case management and investigative operations in Synchrony’s efforts to predict, detect and respond to cyber insider threats. This position will report to the Information Security Insider Threat Lead. The Insider Threat team will work closely with all Synchrony business units.
- Works with Business Unit Security Officers to prioritize sensitive data for protection
- Designs data protection strategy with all data protection tools in the environment (email gateway, endpoint DLP, network DLP, CASB, etc.)
- Follows Insider Threat Program processes to request the implementation of data protections rules in all applicable tools
- Tracks the request status of data protection rules in toolset
- Identifies gaps in the existing data protection toolset
- Provides feedback to Insider Threat Program Lead
- Perform other duties and/or special projects as assigned
- At least 3 years of relevant insider threat, intelligence, or investigative experience
- Demonstrated success in close working collaboration with cyber security, intelligence, HR, and Legal.
- Demonstrated expertise in both working in and handling extremely sensitive areas/materials, respectively.
- Experience handling investigations, leveraging Synchrony Financial practices
- Experience developing and communicating findings to non-technical business areas
- Experience using analytical skills and an ability to interpret established standards and guidelines to solve problems.
- Proven ability to innovate, develop, implement, and effectively document complex technical systems and approaches.
- Good understanding of possible methods of internal and external data movement.
- Ability to navigate a complex global network to identify intelligence and detection sources.
- Excellent analytical ability, sharp attention to detail, creative problem solving, consultative skills, and innovation.
- Experience using Insider Threat Tools (ex. Data Loss Prevention, User Behavior Analytics, etc.)
- Understanding of cyber- tactics, technologies, and procedures to counter insider threats
- Awareness of the latest cyber security trends and developments
- Knowledge of Incident Response procedures
- Detailed understanding of Cyber Crime, Hacktivist, APT and Insider Threat associated tactics
- Strong oral and written communications skills
- Strong analytical & evaluative thinking
- Strong Interpersonal and leadership skills
- The ability to work in a fast paced environment to include the translation of complex concepts and issues into messaging easily understood by senior leadership
- Strong analytical skills/problem solving/conceptual thinking
- Ability to conduct multi-source investigations in collecting and analyzing qualitative and quantitative data
- Ability to work independently on initiatives with little oversight. Motivated and willing to learn
- Must be comfortable effectively communicating intelligence to technical and non-technical audiences
- Strong leadership skills and qualities which enable you to work with peers and various levels of management
- You must be 18 years or older
- You must have a high school diploma or equivalent
- You must be willing to take a drug test, submit to a background investigation and submit fingerprints as part of the selection process
- You must be able to satisfy the requirements of Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
- Effective 1-1-18, new hires (Level 4-7) must have 9 months of continuous service with the company before they are eligible to post on other roles. Once this new hire time in position requirement is met, the associate will have a minimum 6 months’ time in position before they can post for future non-exempt roles. Employees, level 8 or greater, must have at least 24 months’ time in position before they can post. All internal employees must have at least a “consistently meets expectations” performance rating and have approval from your manager to post (or the approval of your manager and HR if you don’t meet the time in position or performance requirement).
Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice:
- Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
- If you need special accommodations, please call our Career Support Line so that we can discuss your specific situation. We can be reached at 1-866-301-5627. Representatives are available from 8am – 5pm Monday to Friday, Central Standard Time.
The salary range for this position is 70,000.00 - 150,000.00 USD Annual
Salaries are adjusted according to market in CA and Metro NY and some positions are bonus eligible.