Job ID: 1800001948
The Assistant Vice President, Senior Front End Engineer craves working in a hands-on web application coding, design, and architecture environment, and leads by example to make sure time sensitive projects get done on time and to specifications. To be successful in this role, deep expertise in web development and the ability to influence and lead are musts. This AVP will lead the development and the production support of our web applications by creating and developing thoughtful solutions to anticipate bugs and maintain operational excellence. In short, you would be one of our web experts.
- Develop applications using ReactJS, HTML, CSS, JS and JSP as a leader of the development team
- Lead a cross-shore development team through all phases of the Agile development life cycle
- Implement new web technologies and assist developers as they migrate to new technologies
- Influence and collaborate with software developers, UX designers, product managers, application architects, and customer application experts to create amazing web apps
- Mentor and influence all levels of the team: in this role, you will have the opportunity to influence up and down the chain of command
- Ensure compliance with architecture, security and technology standards set by Synchrony Financial
- Assist in crafting and maintaining the future state technology architectural strategy and roadmap
- Participate in Agile scrums consisting of cross-functional teams
- Lead Agile sprints as technical expert, including sprint planning, daily standups, backlog grooming sessions, and sprint reviews
- Ensure application code quality through development, test, and QA
- Ability to analyze production defects, troubleshoot systems, identify root cause, and implement fixes
- Passionate about the latest technologies, open source projects and languages;
- Identify ways to increase efficiency and improve system performance
- Work with third party vendors to develop software and/or integrate their software into the company's products
- Perform other duties and/or special projects as assigned
You are the right candidate if you…
- Have passion: Are you passionate about mobile software development?
- Do you think through designs to ensure they’re the best solutions first?
- Are slightly obsessed with pretty code: Do you write elegant, testable, performant code that is robust and scalable?
- Are a leader: This AVP will lead a tech team to deliver awesome cutting edge apps. Are you up for the challenge?
- Learn quickly and adapt to new technology: Let’s face it – technology changes by the minute. Are you able to quickly adapt and learn to be productive with new languages, operating systems, and tools?
- Think like a customer: Central to our products is our understanding of our customers’ needs and requirements. Do you consider UX in your decision making, and think like a customer?
- Have tech chops: Boasting an Objective-C, Swift & iPhone/iPad development background is a must
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum 5 years of experience with front end web application development OR, in lieu of degree, High School Diploma/GED 7 years of experience with front end web application development.
- Minimum of 2 years of ReactJS single page web application development experience.
- Experience building and consuming web services via SOAP and REST
- Strong ReactJS single page web app skills are a plus
- Experience with continuous integration environments
- Experience with writing unit, integration, and UI test cases
- Familiarity with JSON, REST and XML based web services
- Excellence in technical communication with technical and non-technical peers
- Strong cross-functional team player with the ability to work seamlessly across a matrix organization and partner with global development companies
- Desire to work in a dynamic, fast paced environment
- Experience developing and supporting financial/banking applications
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to influence clients, team members, management and external groups
- Strong attention to detail in a team environment
- Strong oral and written communication, analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to analyze, use structured problem solving and available tools to troubleshoot systems, identify root cause, action plans, impact and resolution options
- You must be 18 years or older
- You must have a high school diploma or equivalent
- You must be willing to take a drug test, submit to a background investigation and submit fingerprints as part of the selection process
- You must be able to satisfy the requirements of Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
- Effective 1-1-18, new hires (Level 4-7) must have 9 months of continuous service with the company before they are eligible to post on other roles. Once this new hire time in position requirement is met, the associate will have a minimum 6 months’ time in position before they can post for future non-exempt roles. Employees, level 8 or greater, must have at least 24 months’ time in position before they can post. All internal employees must have at least a “consistently meets expectations” performance rating and have approval from your manager to post (or the approval of your manager and HR if you don’t meet the time in position or performance requirement).
Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice:
- Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
- If you need special accommodations, please call our Career Support Line so that we can discuss your specific situation. We can be reached at 1-866-301-5627. Representatives are available from 8am – 5pm Monday to Friday, Central Standard Time.
The salary range for this position is 70,000.00 - 150,000.00 USD Annual
Salaries are adjusted according to market in CA and Metro NY and some positions are bonus eligible.