Co-Brand Product Strategy & Acquisitions VP Marketing (L13)
Job ID: 1800001802
The Product Strategy & Acquisitions VP will lead the multi-channel product acquisition strategy and execution for the PayPal co-brand products, partner with the client to set product mix strategy, and influence product enhancements that deliver on the portfolio goals. Key responsibilities will include determining optimal product acquisition strategies across primarily digital channels, acquisition program design, financial projections, customer research, product development, testing/targeting strategies, and launch & post-implementation reporting. Strong client partnership and influence will be critical to achieving the portfolio’s new account and growth goals.
- Achieve new account, activation, and sales goals for the co-brand portfolio
- Expertise in product development to enhance products, reaching new customers, and delivering on portfolio goals
- Manage execution of monthly acquisition programs across all digital and offline channels
- Identify areas of growth, including new acquisition channels
- Establish expertise in digital marketing, including search, affiliates, influence marketing, and social channels
- Develop strong understanding of product performance across channels and segments, supporting continual optimization of product strategy
- Influence a shared ownership of acquisition strategy, execution, and performance metrics with the client
- Build and maintain a strong, trusting, and productive partnership with the client
- Willingness to challenge the status quo and influence strategic direction when needed
- Deliver creative and innovative solutions that fit with PayPal’s brand, while achieving the program’s growth goals
- Ability to identify, prioritize, and gain alignment around marketing and product strategies
- Effective internal partnership across functions
- Ability to optimize marketing strategies around profitability goals, including understanding of how top-line drivers flow through the P&L
- Monitor and accurately forecast growth drivers
- Help develop the annual marketing plan for acquisitions
- Manage program spend within contractual obligations of the PayPal marketing fund
- Partner with the Synchrony Client and COE Product and Digital teams to gain learnings that influence growth strategies
- Ensure compliance with all internal and external regulations
- Flexibility to support new team priorities in a fast-paced, changing environment
- Maintain a strong understanding of competitor products and experiences and find opportunities to continue to enhance customer experience and the product value propositions
- Perform other duties and/or special projects as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree or in lieu of a degree, a high school diploma and 11 years of progressive growth in product marketing-driven, multi-product credit card or financial service company
- 9+ years of marketing and/or retail client portfolio experience
- Good understanding of credit, payments, and digital marketing
- Willingness to travel 25%
- Strong leadership capability and presence
- Willingness to learn in an evolving digital environment
- Exceptional relationship building and client leadership abilities
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated project management skills
- Ability to work cross-functionally and in a small team environment
- You must be 18 years or older
- You must have a high school diploma or equivalent
- You must be willing to take a drug test, submit to a background investigation and submit fingerprints as part of the selection process
- You must be able to satisfy the requirements of Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
- Effective 1-1-18, new hires (Level 4-7) must have 9 months of continuous service with the company before they are eligible to post on other roles. Once this new hire time in position requirement is met, the associate will have a minimum 6 months’ time in position before they can post for future non-exempt roles. Employees, level 8 or greater, must have at least 24 months’ time in position before they can post. All internal employees must have at least a “consistently meets expectations” performance rating and have approval from your manager to post (or the approval of your manager and HR if you don’t meet the time in position or performance requirement).
Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice:
- Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
- If you need special accommodations, please call our Career Support Line so that we can discuss your specific situation. We can be reached at 1-866-301-5627. Representatives are available from 8am – 5pm Monday to Friday, Central Standard Time.
The salary range for this position is 100,000.00 - 200,000.00 USD Annual
Salaries are adjusted according to market in CA and Metro NY and some positions are bonus eligible.