Job ID: 1800001830
The SOC Cyber Security Manager supports the Synchrony detection and response program by leading the team responsible for 24x7x365 monitoring of threats. The SOC Cyber Security Manager is responsible for managing security analysts, triage process, and security technologies that are used to defend and protect Synchrony assets against cyber attacks.
- The SOC Cyber Security Manager is the most senior incident escalation point for the team. This analyst will ensure steady state operations are optimally configured and running 24/7/365.
- Be an example of how to collaborate and work with other teams within Information Security, Physical Security, Fraud, and IT.
- Work in coordination with other IT security functions to determine requirements and opportunities for threat detection and policy / prevention recommendations.
- Support incident response activities, assisting with the artifact collection, triage and remediation processes while documenting lessons learned.
- Utilize key performance indicators to track analyst workloads as well as the efficiency of detection signatures/rules and associated monitoring technologies.
- Identify potential process improvement projects and serve as a change agent through IT.
- Interface with fellow team members, colleagues on the security team, business partners, management, vendors, and external parties on best practices.
- Responsible to ensure Information Security (IS) tools and processes meet regulatory requirements
- Establish and maintain business/IS relationship.
- Understand business objectives, priorities, drivers and technology focus areas.
- Benchmark and implement industry best practices to mitigate potential threats to Synchrony's digital infrastructure and operations such as MITRE ATT&CK; and NIST CSF
- Contextualize findings to Synchrony's specific business risks or vulnerabilities
- Support the design and implementation of procedures and controls necessary to ensure and protect the safety and security of all information systems assets, including prevention of intentional or inadvertent access, modification, disclosure, or destruction.
- Provide subject matter expertise and counsel to management regarding vendors, technologies, and special projects.
- Support the preparation of appropriate reports and communicate status and results
- Collaborate with management in developing technical directions, setting objectives, and setting realistic and challenging goals
- Perform other duties and/or special projects as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering or related field, with a minimum of 5 years of experience in Information Technology; OR in lieu of the Bachelor's degree, a minimum of 9 years of experience in Information Technology.
- Minimum 7 years IT Experience with a minimum of 5 years experience in a Security Operations Center (SOC), Incident Response, or related information security role.
- One or more relevant security certifications (GCIH, GCIA, GCFE, GCFA, or comparable)
- Results driven, strategic, conceptual, and innovative thinker
- Experience presenting to senior Mangment
- Prior cyber incident response experience and/or experience working in high tempo cyber operations environments
- Highly analytical, detail-oriented, and strong problem solving with a common sense approach to resolving problems
- Expertise to clearly define complex issues despite incomplete or ambiguous information
- Strong oral and written communications skills
- Strong interpersonal and critical thinking skills
- Excellent consulting skills and superior ability to develop and maintain effective client relationships
- You must be 18 years or older
- You must have a high school diploma or equivalent
- You must be willing to take a drug test, submit to a background investigation and submit fingerprints as part of the selection process
- You must be able to satisfy the requirements of Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
- Effective 1-1-18, new hires (Level 4-7) must have 9 months of continuous service with the company before they are eligible to post on other roles. Once this new hire time in position requirement is met, the associate will have a minimum 6 months’ time in position before they can post for future non-exempt roles. Employees, level 8 or greater, must have at least 24 months’ time in position before they can post. All internal employees must have at least a “consistently meets expectations” performance rating and have approval from your manager to post (or the approval of your manager and HR if you don’t meet the time in position or performance requirement).
Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice:
- Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
- If you need special accommodations, please call our Career Support Line so that we can discuss your specific situation. We can be reached at 1-866-301-5627. Representatives are available from 8am – 5pm Monday to Friday, Central Standard Time.
The salary range for this position is 85,000.00 - 170,000.00 USD Annual
Salaries are adjusted according to market in CA and Metro NY and some positions are bonus eligible.