Job ID: 1800001420
In this role, you will lead the overall credit management of a $1.7B+ portfolio of PLCC programs spanning multiple industries. This role includes credit and operational risk evaluation; delinquency, loss and fraud mitigation; enforcement of credit policies; portfolio monitoring; input into deal structure and pricing and new program evaluation. This role acts as the key Credit interface to retail clients and client teams and requires extensive cross functional interaction including leadership and support of business and functional initiatives.
- Work closely with retail clients to minimize both Synchrony’s and the retailer’s risk, while continuing to grow the portfolio
- Work effectively cross-functionally to drive smart growth and client satisfaction in a safe and sound manner
- Prepare and present client facing and leadership team presentations to communicate credit performance and facilitate informed decisions
- Be a leader in driving enhanced strategies, using champion/challenger leanings to manage credit and fraud risk
- Provide credit oversight and input in deal renewals, new deals and pricing processes; ensure portfolio deal structure and contract(s) are consistent with risk appetite
- Provide clear guidance to the organization on risk appetite and prudent growth
- Maintain effective and credible challenge of critical decisions and business processes
- Coordinate planning cycle with client teams to ensure consistency in business plans
- Guide, mentor and develop portfolio credit and other staff in technical and business matters
- Perform other duties and/or special projects as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree and 7+ years in consumer credit management role, or in lieu of a bachelor's degree, 11+ years in consumer credit management
- 2+ years leadership experience in enterprise portfolio management oversight with strong emphasis on credit strategy, credit policy and internal/external communications
- Use of advanced technical & analytical competencies in driving effective strategic goals within a significant functional area
- Familiarity with consumer and commercial lending products and practices
- Experience operating at a strategic level as part of a senior leadership team
- Master’s Degree or MBA with advanced analytic focus, or equivalent
- Experience with SAS or SQL or technical proficiency
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Experience creating and leading organizational change
- You must be 18 years or older
- You must have a high school diploma or equivalent
- You must be willing to take a drug test, submit to a background investigation and submit fingerprints as part of the selection process
- You must be able to satisfy the requirements of Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
- Effective 1-1-18, new hires (Level 4-7) must have 9 months of continuous service with the company before they are eligible to post on other roles. Once this new hire time in position requirement is met, the associate will have a minimum 6 months’ time in position before they can post for future non-exempt roles. Employees, level 8 or greater, must have at least 24 months’ time in position before they can post. All internal employees must have at least a “consistently meets expectations” performance rating and have approval from your manager to post (or the approval of your manager and HR if you don’t meet the time in position or performance requirement).
Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice:
- Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
- If you need special accommodations, please call our Career Support Line so that we can discuss your specific situation. We can be reached at 1-866-301-5627. Representatives are available from 8am – 5pm Monday to Friday, Central Standard Time.
The salary range for this position is 100,000.00 - 200,000.00 USD Annual
Salaries are adjusted according to market in CA and Metro NY and some positions are bonus eligible.