Job ID: 1800000513
The Scrum master will lead projects targeted for PCF cloud, app migrations, APIs and other initiatives at Synchrony Financial (SYF). This individual will also be responsible for mentoring and coaching agile software development and product delivery through advanced agile methodologies.
- Lead teams and the organization on how to best use Agile principles/frameworks and effectively leverages appropriate best practices
- Manage Agile software projects from product conception through release.
- Act as Scrum Master for assigned Scrum teams, facilitating ceremonies such as release planning, sprint planning, backlog grooming, stand-ups and retrospectives.
- Collaborate with engineers, product owners, and other stakeholders to understand the expected product functionality and customer requirements.
- Assist in removing team impediments, and track and maintain metrics for information radiators.
- Promote collaboration and transparency, and communicate accurate and timely information to stakeholders.
- Provide daily support for PCF related development activities including coordination with of network requests, build pipelines, release planning.
- Work with team members to design, architect and implement solutions across geographic locations
- Create, assess, update and maintain documentation pertaining to PCF platforms
- Perform other duties and/or special projects as assigned
- Bachelor's degree with minimum 5 years of experience in Information Technology OR in lieu of the Bachelor's degree minimum 7 years of experience in Information Technology in a project management role
- Minimum 3 years of experience in agile, scrum master, project manager roles
- Minimum 3 years of experience working on or leading teams performing systems automation and integration (in an agile methodology and/or using lean techniques preferred)
- Minimum 2 years of experience with Jira, Agile, and other project management tools
- Previous working experience with software release cycles in services based environments and have a firm understanding of Agile principles and frameworks.
- Skilled at organizing and communicating complex concepts - must be capable of breaking down complex situations, this applies to both technical issues and process issues.
- Strong experience managing Agile software development projects.
- Organizational and time management skills, and attention to detail a must.
- Ability to work with teams to gather unrefined business requirements from multiple sources and formulate and deliver a solution in a timely manner.
- Ability to work under the pressure of multiple projects and deadlines at once.
- Solid communication skills, and must be highly motivated and demonstrate high level of initiative.
- Must be a self-starter, ability to quickly learn, adapt, shows initiative and thinks outside the box.
- You must be 18 years or older
- You must have a high school diploma or equivalent
- You must be willing to take a drug test, submit to a background investigation and submit fingerprints as part of the selection process
- You must be able to satisfy the requirements of Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
- Effective 1-1-18, new hires (Level 4-7) must have 9 months of continuous service with the company before they are eligible to post on other roles. Once this new hire time in position requirement is met, the associate will have a minimum 6 months’ time in position before they can post for future non-exempt roles. Employees, level 8 or greater, must have at least 24 months’ time in position before they can post. All internal employees must have at least a “consistently meets expectations” performance rating and have approval from your manager to post (or the approval of your manager and HR if you don’t meet the time in position or performance requirement).
Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice:
- Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
- If you need special accommodations, please call our Career Support Line so that we can discuss your specific situation. We can be reached at 1-866-301-5627. Representatives are available from 8am – 5pm Monday to Friday, Central Standard Time.