Location: Richland / MS
Job Grade: 08 S40
Mode of Employment: Permanent / Full-time
LET’S TALK ABOUT YOU
· Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or will graduate in December 2021.
· Experience working in a manufacturing environment preferred.
· Experience with CAD programs a plus.
· Takes initiative and ownership, team player with leadership tendencies, and adaptable to a constantly changing environment.
· Continued commitment to learn and apply knowledge.
· Capable of independent decision-making within set parameters.
· Strong organizational, analytical and communication skills.
· Proficient with Windows operating systems and Microsoft Office programs.
· Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States without need for current or future employer-sponsored work authorization. Siemens Energy employees with current visa sponsorship may be eligible for internal transfers
As a federal contractor, Siemens Energy continues to monitor federal and state legal guidelines regarding the COVID-19 vaccine mandate. Siemens Energy is pausing its mandatory vaccine policy while the issue is addressed by the courts. SEI will monitor the situation closely and may reimplement its policy if required to comply with federal law. Should the vaccine policy be reimplemented, this position requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they are granted a medical or religious accommodation.
- A working knowledge of assigned markets, channels, and customer base for arrester products
- Evaluation of customer specifications in order to propose solutions and obtain approvals.
- Create timely, accurate, and competitive quotations; perform follow-up and win/loss analysis
- Proactively interface with the customer on questions and issues related to product application
- Support the planning process, from lead generation to opportunity to order service
- Develop competency with internal and external customers
- Design products based on customer and internal specifications
- Apply working knowledge of product design and assembly to the manufacturing process
- Improves manufacturing processes and methods for cost-reduction, quality improvement and efficiency.
- Develop standardized design criteria across all product lines
- Prepare and manage the overall Quality Control Plan for all steps in the manufacturing process.
- Provide technical support for issues related to products and production.
Your opportunities for personal growth
- Learn details about Siemens circuit breaker technology and the key advantages that Siemens plants offer to customer.
- Employees in the circuit breaker group can advance their career’s both in the Siemens Energy US, and Global, organizations.
LET’S TALK ABOUT US
The Transmission Products (TP) business unit located in Richland, MS. is seeking an experienced, self-driven Manufacturing Engineer. As a member of the Operation team the Manufacturing Engineer will be responsible as an interface between customer order engineering and manufacturing to assure manufacturing process and tooling are defined. This role is expected to drive strong performance in the following objectives: Developing and improving manufacturing processes by studying product and manufacturing methods as well as Lean Management. This position will report to the Operation Manager.
Be Energized. Be you.
Lucky for us, we are not all the same. Through diversity we generate power. We run on inclusion and compassion. Our combined creative energy is fueled by at least 130 nationalities. Siemens Energy celebrates character – no matter what ethnic background, gender, age, religion, identity, or disability. We energize society. All of society.
Jobs & Careers: https://www.siemens-energy.com/global/en/company/jobs.html
Organization: Gas and Power
Company: Siemens Energy, Inc.
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens Energy follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.