Location: Richland / MS
Job Grade: 08 S30
Mode of Employment: Permanent / Full-time
LET’S TALK ABOUT YOU
- Bachelor’s Degree required, Manufacturing Engineering degree or similar type preferred.
- 2-5 years of experience in a training role, with experience in a production environment
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Understanding of managing production processes. Production management experience is preferable.
- This is line improvement position so candidate must have experience or desire to do line improvement through Lean and or Six Sigma applications.
- As a federal contractor, Siemens Energy continues to monitor federal and state legal guidelines regarding the COVID-19 vaccine mandate. Siemens Energy is pausing its mandatory vaccine policy while the issue is addressed by the courts. SEI will monitor the situation closely and may reimplement its policy if required to comply with federal law. Should the vaccine policy be reimplemented, this position requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they are granted a medical or religious accommodation.
- Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States without need for current or future employer-sponsored work authorization. Siemens Energy employees with current visa sponsorship may be eligible for internal transfers
- Conducts individual and group technical training courses and activities.
- Evaluates and obtains training programs and materials for shop floor and office employees.
- Organize and perform work instruction updates
- Understand manufacturing processes by studying product requirements and process requirements
- Improves manufacturing efficiency by analyzing and planning workflow, space requirements, and equipment layout.
- Prepares product and process reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information trends.
- Change shop floor level work instructions / Check lists to reflect the proposed changes from the lean workshops.
Your opportunities for personal growth
- Learn details about Siemens circuit breaker technology and the key advantages that Siemens plants offer to customer.
- Employees in the circuit breaker group can advance their career’s both in the Siemens Energy US, and Global, organizations.
LET’S TALK ABOUT US
The Transmission Products (TP) business unit located in Richland, MS. is seeking an experienced, self-driven Manufacturing Engineer. As a member of the Operation team the Manufacturing Engineer will be responsible as an interface between customer order engineering and manufacturing to assure manufacturing process and tooling are defined. This role is expected to drive strong performance in the following objectives: Developing and improving manufacturing processes by studying product and manufacturing methods as well as Lean Management. This position will report to the Operation Manager.
Be Energized. Be you.
Lucky for us, we are not all the same. Through diversity we generate power. We run on inclusion and compassion. Our combined creative energy is fueled by at least 130 nationalities. Siemens Energy celebrates character – no matter what ethnic background, gender, age, religion, identity, or disability. We energize society. All of society.
Jobs & Careers: https://www.siemens-energy.com/global/en/company/jobs.html
Organization: Gas and Power
Company: Siemens Energy, Inc.
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens Energy follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.