Location: Painted Post, NY
Department: SE GP I SV RCE OPS PP QC
Job Grade: 08 S40
Mode of Employment: Permanent
LET’S TALK ABOUT YOU
• Min of Associate Degree (Bachelor’s Degree (Preferred), or related technical field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Min 2 years’ experience with machining or assembly in a manufacturing setting (rotating equipment preferred)
• Must be adaptable/flexible to constant changes in department resources, applications, techniques, tool materials and requirements.
• Must be able to organize and prioritize workloads to maximum efficiency.
• Strong communication, both verbal and written, skills, and the ability to develop good working relationships with clients, contractors, suppliers, and internal personnel.
• Displays an attitude conducive to progress through positive change, continuous improvement and an active contributor to the teamwork concept.
• Willing to support second or third shift when necessary.
• Willing to pursue certification within NDT, Alloy Analyzer, or other certifications to meet customer requirements.
• Support manufacturing quality meetings or initiatives; QCM, TQM or CI.
• Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States without need for current or future employer-sponsored work authorization. Siemens Energy employees with current visa sponsorship may be eligible for internal transfers
- As a federal contractor, Siemens Energy continues to monitor federal and state legal guidelines regarding the COVID-19 vaccine mandate. Siemens Energy is pausing its mandatory vaccine policy while the issue is addressed by the courts. SEI will monitor the situation closely and may reimplement its policy if required to comply with federal law. Should the vaccine policy be reimplemented, this position requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they are granted a medical or religious accommodation.
• Addresses quality issues related to non-conforming material and obtains timely disposition to maintain flow of production material.
• Contributes to keeping spoilage, scrap and fixed work and associated labor and burden to a minimum through early detection and information feedback for corrective action. Provides reports periodically on status of quality.
• Reviews new product designs and current product redesign with engineering and manufacturing to improve product performance, reduce product cost and ensure “design in” quality.
• Coordinate’s activities to resolve quality problems with manufacturing and engineering.
• Ensures acceptable quality levels are maintained for all products shipped from facility.
• Monitors and maintains quality system to meet operation and corporate quality objectives to include review of quality department standards.
As a federal contractor, Siemens Energy continues to monitor federal and state legal guidelines regarding the COVID-19 vaccine mandate. Siemens Energy is pausing its mandatory vaccine policy while the issue is addressed by the courts. SEI will monitor the situation closely and may reimplement its policy if required to comply with federal law. Should the vaccine policy be reimplemented, this position requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they are granted a medical or religious accommodation.
Your opportunities for personal growth
• Learning from Experiences
• Teamwork to Reach a Common Goal
• Able to work independently
• Ability to troubleshoot assembly and test issues
• Ability to become a SME
LET’S TALK ABOUT US
"Let’s make tomorrow different today" is our genuine commitment at Siemens Energy to all customers and employees on the way to a sustainable future.
In our Business Unit Industrial Applications, we offer comprehensive digital portfolio solutions in the oil and gas sector and other process industries comprising rotating equipment, electrification, and solutions for Subsea business.
Directs activities to meet production inspection requirements while maintaining a cost of quality program. Provides technical guidance to ensure the highest degree of quality in line with product operations quality standards.
Be Energized. Be you.
Lucky for us, we are not all the same. Through diversity we generate power. We run on inclusion and compassion. Our combined creative energy is fueled by at least 130 nationalities. Siemens Energy celebrates character – no matter what ethnic background, gender, age, religion, identity, or disability. We energize society. All of society.
Jobs & Careers: https://www.siemens-energy.com/global/en/company/jobs.html
Organization: Gas and Power
Company: Dresser-Rand Company
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens Energy follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.