LET’S TALK ABOUT YOU
- High School Diploma or GED Equivalent
- 3-5 yrs of relative Welding and Brazing experience
- Ability to produce parts from prints, samples, sketches or drawings, check work, using standard and/or special gauging devices when necessary to assure conformity, and to maintain quality standards.
- Be proficient in oxyacetylene, electric welding, tungsten inert gas, mig welding, brazing, silver soldering, shrinking, or sweating.
- Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States without need for current or future employer-sponsored work authorization. Siemens Energy employees with current visa sponsorship may be eligible for internal transfers.
As a federal contractor, Siemens Energy continues to monitor federal and state legal guidelines regarding the COVID-19 vaccine mandate. Siemens Energy is pausing its mandatory vaccine policy while the issue is addressed by the courts. SEI will monitor the situation closely and may reimplement its policy if required to comply with federal law. Should the vaccine policy be reimplemented, this position requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they are granted a medical or religious accommodation.
- Weld and braze a variety of parts, code, and non-code in all positions.
- Perform electric and gas welding in all positions. May various types and sizes of weld such as lap, v, and butt.
- Select and use proper current and voltage settings on machine.
- Maintain operating condition of wire feeder, gas mixture and welding gun and/or torches.
- Use burning and air arc equipment to repair defective areas such as blow and sand holes. Preheat materials as required to compensate for expansion and contraction.
- Uses a consumable electrode with inert gas which feeds through the nozzle of the handgun. Manipulates the gun along the seam to make the weld. Mirrors used in welding blades.
Your opportunities for personal growth
- Opportunities to further your career with lead opportunities and stretch assignments.
- Siemens Energy also offers engineering career paths and benefits that can assist with continuing education
LET’S TALK ABOUT US
"Let’s make tomorrow different today" is our genuine commitment at Siemens Energy to all customers and employees on the way to a sustainable future.
In our Business Unit Industrial Applications, we offer comprehensive digital portfolio solutions in the oil and gas sector and other process industries comprising rotating equipment, electrification and solutions for Subsea business.
Our Painted Post, New York facility is the premier manufacturer and assembler of compressor parts for our customers.
Be Energized. Be you.
Lucky for us, we are not all the same. Through diversity we generate power. We run on inclusion and compassion. Our combined creative energy is fueled by at least 130 nationalities. Siemens Energy celebrates character – no matter what ethnic background, gender, age, religion, identity, or disability. We energize society. All of society.
Jobs & Careers: https://www.siemens-energy.com/global/en/company/jobs.html
Organization: Gas and Power
Company: Dresser-Rand Company
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens Energy follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.