LET’S TALK ABOUT YOU
- High school diploma for GED equivalent is required – AAS Degree in Machining Technology is preferred (or equivalent experience)
- Familiarity of CNC Machines desirable, Minimum of 1-2 years’ experience in a machine or repair shop at minimum
- Requires the ability to read, write, complete simple forms, and understand simple written instructions.
- Requires the ability to perform arithmetic skills such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division, including decimals and fractions.
- Simple use of formulas, charts, tables, drawings, specifications, schedules, or diagrams.
- Moderate physical effort required with bending, stretching, walking, and standing. Gripping and grasping tools is common, as is using of mechanical controls such as buttons, knobs, and levers. Some repetitive motion is involved in the execution of job tasks.
- This position requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they are granted a medical or religious accommodation.
- Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States without need for current or future employer-sponsored work authorization.
- You would be responsible for the material/product machined from the time of machining until it reaches the end customer. It is the responsibility of the operator to ensure parts are conforming not only to print specifications but visually as well when being sent to the next operation. Errors not caught immediately may result in product failure and/or significant customer impact.
- Interpret Engineering Drawings, Blueprints and other Technical Data as provided by engineering.
- Rough and finish machining a variety of parts.
- Identify parts machined with hand etcher or dot peen machine deburr parts, as required.
- Perform routine maintenance on equipment.
- For saw operations: Check corresponding test reports for all steel pulled. Access Traveler to determine proper sizes of bar stock to be sawed.
Your opportunities for personal growth
- Siemens offers tuition reimbursement, empowering employees to develop their skills, education and personal growth giving them the tools needed to expand their horizons within the company.
- Siemens promotes continual learning by offering access to the Learn@Siemens platform. Learn@Siemens offers both in-person and virtual courses ranging from technical instruction to leadership skills
As a federal contractor, Siemens Energy continues to monitor federal and state legal guidelines regarding the COVID-19 vaccine mandate. Siemens Energy is pausing its mandatory vaccine policy while the issue is addressed by the courts. SEI will monitor the situation closely and may reimplement its policy if required to comply with federal law. Should the vaccine policy be reimplemented, this position requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they are granted a medical or religious accommodation.
LET’S TALK ABOUT US
"Let’s make tomorrow different today" is our genuine commitment at Siemens Energy to all customers and employees on the way to a sustainable future.
In our Business Unit Generation, we offer a broad portfolio of cutting-edge technologies, services and solutions for centralized and decentralized energy production.
In our Machinist department we use micrometers and other measuring tools to repair large, 500 pounds to 10 tons, rotating equipment. The majority of our work is lathe work for shaft repair. We also do millwork to make specialty items necessary for the repairs. All our work is performed to tight tolerances.
Be Energized. Be you.
Lucky for us, we are not all the same. Through diversity we generate power. We run on inclusion and compassion. Our combined creative energy is fueled by at least 130 nationalities. Siemens Energy celebrates character – no matter what ethnic background, gender, age, religion, identity, or disability. We energize society. All of society.
Jobs & Careers: https://www.siemens-energy.com/global/en/company/jobs.html
Organization: Gas and Power
Company: Siemens Energy, Inc.
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens Energy follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.