LET’S TALK ABOUT YOU
- High School Diploma or GED Equivalent
- 3 years applied trades training, such as use of blueprints, CNC equipment, etc.
- Able to read, write, understand, and follow verbal and/or written instructions.
- Able to qualify for and maintain appropriate equipment certifications of Siemens Energy (i.e., Fork truck, crane, etc.).
- Basic knowledge in the use of shop mathematics, together with the use of complicated drawings, specifications, charts, tables, various types of precision measuring instruments
- This position requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they are granted a medical or religious accommodation.
- Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States without need for current or future employer-sponsored work authorization. Siemens Energy employees with current visa sponsorship may be eligible for internal transfers.
As a federal contractor, Siemens Energy continues to monitor federal and state legal guidelines regarding the COVID-19 vaccine mandate. Siemens Energy is pausing its mandatory vaccine policy while the issue is addressed by the courts. SEI will monitor the situation closely and may reimplement its policy if required to comply with federal law. Should the vaccine policy be reimplemented, this position requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they are granted a medical or religious accommodation.
- Work from manufacturing information, drawings, written and/or verbal instructions
- Using material handling devices, loads/unloads parts from machines and/or assists crane operator.
- Set up machines by installing tooling, adjusting to proper machine settings, feeds, speeds, etc., per job documentation and drawing specifications; assure proper tooling pre-sets.
- Secure work piece to layout or and/or surface with use of the plumb bob, set up blocks, surface/height gauge, dowel indicators/pins or optical leveling or aligning equipment.
- Follow established procedures on lineups, manuscripts, programs and tooling sheets to operate machine.
- Use manual, semi-automatic or automatic controls to perform machining operations, such as: mill, drill, ream, bore, tap, turn, face, groove, radius, and grind, etc.
- Perform in-process integrity checks, as required, in order to maintain specific drawing tolerances.
- Conduct in process testing and charting operational information and/or recording data as required.
Your opportunities for personal growth
- The successful candidate will work within the Compressor Component products manufacturing area within Siemens Energy Gas Turbine products division. Success is dependent upon flexibility in working urgent priorities and effectively completing daily work assignments day to day.
- This position offers an opportunity for hands on machining experience of Gas Turbine components with potential for growth into the higher levels of the Siemens Energy skills framework.
LET’S TALK ABOUT US
"Let’s make tomorrow different today" is our genuine commitment at Siemens Energy to all customers and employees on the way to a sustainable future.
In our Business Unit Generation, we offer a broad portfolio of cutting edge technologies, services and solutions for centralized and decentralized energy production.
The Compressor Component products manufacturing area within Siemens Energy Gas Turbine products division primarily manufactures replacement parts, offers service and repairs for the large Gas Turbine compressor and turbine section components. The manufacturing line is set up to satisfy the various long term preventative maintenance/ spare parts/ service programs we offer to our end customers.
Be Energized. Be you.
Lucky for us, we are not all the same. Through diversity we generate power. We run on inclusion and compassion. Our combined creative energy is fueled by at least 130 nationalities. Siemens Energy celebrates character – no matter what ethnic background, gender, age, religion, identity, or disability. We energize society. All of society.
Jobs & Careers: https://www.siemens-energy.com/global/en/company/jobs.html
Organization: Gas and Power
Company: Siemens Energy, Inc.
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens Energy follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.