Location: Richland, Mississippi
Department: SE GP T NP DT FIT JXN
Job Grade: 08 S40
Mode of Employment: Permanent / Full-time
LET’S TALK ABOUT YOU
- Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial, Manufacturing, or Mechanical Engineering (Or Equivalent Experience).
- 3-5 years’ experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience and practical application of Lean Manufacturing.
- Experience in improvement efforts in layout / process flow.
- Proficient general software and data analysis skills required (e.g., Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, etc.).
- Preferred experience in Machine technology / Innovation / digitization tools.
- As a federal contractor, Siemens Energy continues to monitor federal and state legal guidelines regarding the COVID-19 vaccine mandate. Siemens Energy is pausing its mandatory vaccine policy while the issue is addressed by the courts. SEI will monitor the situation closely and may reimplement its policy if required to comply with federal law. Should the vaccine policy be reimplemented, this position requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they are granted a medical or religious accommodation.
- Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States without need for current or future employer-sponsored work authorization. Siemens Energy employees with current visa sponsorship may be eligible for internal transfers
- Applies general industrial engineering techniques and concepts to improve schedule performance, lower cost, and improve quality, through the application of Lean and other Industrial Engineering concepts for large scale systems integration and asset utilization.
- Evaluate operations and identify improvement opportunities, utilizing data analysis and metrics to build a business case, and deliver on execution. Monitor operational metrics including labor hours, WIP levels, and productivity, analyze data for trends, and collaborate with process owners to improve.
- Review and analyze workstation layout, process flow, material flow, etc. Assess best practices. Recommend cost-effective solutions for improving the utilization and efficiency of personnel, equipment and/or physical space. Lead projects that will result in improved costs and/or enhanced quality.
- Under general direction, analyzes and designs value stream, including capability, capacity (e.g., make/buy, supplier selection, risk analysis, supplier performance), throughput, workflow, and logistics (e.g., critical path, lead-time, transportation, factory layout).
- Utilizes engineering methods (e.g., mathematical models, simulation, statistics) to support the development of optimal process designs and efficient utilization of resources (e.g., facilities, personnel, materials, equipment) in the creation and validation of products.
Your opportunities for personal growth
- Working with an international team.
- Chance to conduct a lot of interesting projects.
- Learning from experiences.
LET’S TALK ABOUT US
"Let’s make tomorrow different today" is our genuine commitment at Siemens Energy to all customers and employees on the way to a sustainable future.
In our Business Unit Transmission we offer our customers products, solutions and services to transfer energy efficiently ranging from expansion and replacing to upgrading.
Be Energized. Be you.
Lucky for us, we are not all the same. Through diversity we generate power. We run on inclusion and compassion. Our combined creative energy is fueled by at least 130 nationalities. Siemens Energy celebrates character – no matter what ethnic background, gender, age, religion, identity, or disability. We energize society. All of society.
Jobs & Careers: https://www.siemens-energy.com/global/en/company/jobs.html
Organization: Gas and Power
Company: Siemens Energy, Inc.
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens Energy follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.