Location: Painted Post, NY (Open to relocation)
Department: SE GP I PR TI PTS CTE MAT
Job Grade: GRIP Level 6 or 5b
Mode of Employment: Permanent / Full-time
LET’S TALK ABOUT YOU
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering field (Welding Engineering preferred)
- 8-10 years’ experience for grip level 6 or 10+ years’ experience for grip level 5b in Welding Engineering
· Experience in weld procedure development and procedure qualification
· Knowledge and understanding of welding laboratory equipment
· Experience with NACE MRO175/103, API-617, ASME VIII & IX standards, AWS D1.1, B31.3, and ISO 15614
· Experience with Additive manufacturing, E-B welding, brazing, along with plating, cladding, and coating.
As a federal contractor, Siemens Energy continues to monitor federal and state legal guidelines regarding the COVID-19 vaccine mandate. Siemens Energy is pausing its mandatory vaccine policy while the issue is addressed by the courts. SEI will monitor the situation closely and may reimplement its policy if required to comply with federal law. Should the vaccine policy be reimplemented, this position requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they are granted a medical or religious accommodation.
- Support compressor and power generation equipment for the oil/gas industries including developing new products, resolving field issues, and providing technical support on welding related material/process selection. Position supports R&D, product services and new equipment operations
- Hands-on experience with carbon steel, low alloy steel, stainless steel, and nickel base alloys
- Working in a laboratory to conduct weld procedure development and procedure qualification
- Performing supplier audits, weld document reviews, and dispositioned non-conformances
- Actively contribute to small, focused design teams to support technology and product development project objectives
- Leading small development projects
Your opportunities for personal growth
- Work as part of a talented, focused group to develop new technologies and solutions for a changing world energy market
- Learn from a variety of experiences across the many different engineering disciplines that contribute to the design of turbomachinery solutions
LET’S TALK ABOUT US
"Let’s make tomorrow different today" is our genuine commitment at Siemens Energy to all customers and employees on the way to a sustainable future. In our Business Unit, Industrial Applications, we offer comprehensive digital portfolio solutions in the oil and gas sector and other process industries comprising rotating equipment, electrification and process solutions.
The Technology and Innovation division you would join if selected for this role works to improve and develop turbomachinery based products and processes serving a wide variety of global customers. We are working to adapt Siemens Energy’s products to a rapidly changing energy landscape and also develop new products to meet the changing needs of our customers.
Be Energized. Be you.
Lucky for us, we are not all the same. Through diversity we generate power. We run on inclusion and compassion. Our combined creative energy is fueled by at least 130 nationalities. Siemens Energy celebrates character – no matter what ethnic background, gender, age, religion, identity, or disability. We energize society. All of society.
Jobs & Careers: https://www.siemens-energy.com/global/en/company/jobs.html
Organization: Gas and Power
Company: Dresser-Rand Company
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens Energy follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.