Location: Seattle, WA, Houston, TX, Lincoln, UK, Duisburg, Germany
Department: SE GP I PR TI PTS ITPS
Job Grade: 05a S40 or 05b S40 (dependent on experience)
Mode of Employment: Permanent / Full-time
LET’S TALK ABOUT YOU
- Bachelor of Science with 15+ years’ experience, or M.S. with 10+ years’ experience, in Chemical Engineering. Professional engineering license is preferred.
- 10+ years’ experience working in chemical, petrochemical, or industrial plants. Experience in a steam cracker / ethylene plant preferred.
- Experience with design basis, process description, PFD's and heat & material balance, MSD and material selection philosophy, process control schemes, process and Utility P&ID's, equipment & instrumentation datasheets, utilities and chemicals consumption summaries, simulations and calculations.
- Multidisciplinary understanding of process instrumentation, control, process safety, and equipment specification and design.
- Experience in plant safety aspects and especially in process safety and inherent safe design.
- Theoretical knowledge of process design methods & tools. Has effective skills in the application of relevant major design codes and standards (API, ASME, GPSA, ISO, NFPA, etc.)
- Experience in using software and techniques to simulate complex chemical systems such as Aspen Plus, Aspen Capital Cost Estimator, HTRI, Hysys Pro/II. The ideal candidate will have experience in cracking furnace yield simulations with a software such as SPYRO or COILSIM1D.
- Familiarity with chemical testing and/or turbomachinery testing, instrumentation and performance measurement is a plus.
- Demonstrated performance on technology development programs through direct experience on technically complex projects ranging from initial process design, to manufacturing and installation, to operation of a chemical, petrochemical, or industrial plant or equipment.
- Familiarity with CAPEX evaluation, OPEX minimization and with full project techno-economic analysis is a plus.
- Availability for domestic and international travel to a site for meeting with customers, and equipment installation and testing. Travel up to 25%.
- As a federal contractor, Siemens Energy continues to monitor federal and state legal guidelines regarding the COVID-19 vaccine mandate. Siemens Energy is pausing its mandatory vaccine policy while the issue is addressed by the courts. SEI will monitor the situation closely and may reimplement its policy if required to comply with federal law. Should the vaccine policy be reimplemented, this position requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they are granted a medical or religious accommodation.
- The selected candidate will be hired with a local contract, if applicable, from the country of application and therefore having residence and valid documentation/authorization to work in the country is required
- Support the development of turbomachinery relevant to processes to produce olefins and other primary and secondary petrochemicals; methane/propane reforming and other production processes; ammonia and methanol production; synthetic fuel, etc.
- Global responsibility to provide technical integrity assurance to the SE Bid Management Team and EPC Contractor during specification, tender, selection, purchase, installation & commissioning of process equipment
- Personal responsibility for personal safety and working within the environmental, health and safety procedures of the organization and project. Lead R&D efforts aimed at decarbonization of industrial processes and explore ways for chemical process intensification
- Assess the impact of novel process or technology concepts being pursued on the overall plant energy usage and operation
Your opportunities for personal growth
- Empowered to pursue new and innovative concepts aimed at the decarbonization of chemical, petrochemical, and industrial processes.
- Empowered to guide the direction and lead future decarbonization R&D technology projects
- Empowered to contribute expertise in the field as an author and speaker at industry conferences
LET’S TALK ABOUT US
"Let’s make tomorrow different today" is our genuine commitment at Siemens Energy to all customers and employees on the way to a sustainable future. In our Business Unit, Industrial Applications, we offer comprehensive digital portfolio solutions in the oil and gas sector and other process industries comprising rotating equipment, electrification and process solutions.
The Technology and Innovation division you would join if selected for this role works to improve and develop turbomachinery based products and processes serving a wide variety of global customers. We are working to adapt Siemens Energy’s products to a rapidly changing energy landscape and also develop new products to meet the changing needs of our customers.
Be Energized. Be you.
Lucky for us, we are not all the same. Through diversity we generate power. We run on inclusion and compassion. Our combined creative energy is fueled by at least 130 nationalities. Siemens Energy celebrates character – no matter what ethnic background, gender, age, religion, identity, or disability. We energize society. All of society.
Jobs & Careers: https://www.siemens-energy.com/global/en/company/jobs.html
Organization: Gas and Power
Company: Siemens Energy, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens Energy follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.