LET’S TALK ABOUT YOU
- High School Diploma and Certificate in Machining Technology - Minimum 2 years technical/trade school or apprentice program in machining/manufacturing or equivalent experience.
- Flexibility and willingness for HEAVY TRAVEL (75% or more) all business travel expenses are paid.
- Qualified candidates must be able to pass an extended background check to obtain un-escorted nuclear plant access (to include drug screen and extensive background investigation).
- Willing to obtain a passport to support our customers that are abroad.
- Ability and willingness to lift 50 pounds required.
- Ability and willingness to work a high percentage of overtime (including 12-hour shifts) on various shifts arrangements
Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States without need for current or future employer-sponsored work authorization. Siemens Energy employees with current visa sponsorship may be eligible for internal transfers.
- Perform machining operations on turbine & generator equipment.
- Set-up & operation of both stationary and portable lathes, milling, boring, grinding, and drilling machines.
- Use all types of precision measuring tools.
- Basic PC/Laptop skills for using our timekeeping and expense systems, as well as email usage.
- Read and interpret drawings, schematics, and charts.
- Effectively communicate with both internal and external customers.
Your opportunities for personal growth
- Use your experience and knowledge to develop more efficient field machining techniques.
- Opportunities for leadership training and supervisory roles for those interested in career advancement that show the necessary skills to lead.
As a federal contractor, Siemens Energy continues to monitor federal and state legal guidelines regarding the COVID-19 vaccine mandate. Siemens Energy is pausing its mandatory vaccine policy while the issue is addressed by the courts. SEI will monitor the situation closely and may reimplement its policy if required to comply with federal law. Should the vaccine policy be reimplemented, this position requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they are granted a medical or religious accommodation.
LET’S TALK ABOUT US
"Let’s make tomorrow different today" is our genuine commitment at Siemens Energy to all customers and employees on the way to a sustainable future.
In our Business Unit Generation we offer a broad portfolio of cutting edge technologies, services and solutions for centralized and decentralized energy production.
Be Energized. Be you.
Lucky for us, we are not all the same. Through diversity we generate power. We run on inclusion and compassion. Our combined creative energy is fueled by at least 130 nationalities. Siemens Energy celebrates character – no matter what ethnic background, gender, age, religion, identity, or disability. We energize society. All of society.
Jobs & Careers: https://www.siemens-energy.com/global/en/company/jobs.html
Organization: Gas and Power
Company: Siemens Energy, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens Energy follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.