LET’S TALK ABOUT YOU
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Must be able to set up and operate machinery, power tools, hand tools and related devices to include: measuring devices and common hand tools.
- Must be capable of using basic math, read and understand written instructions (to include engineering instructions), and basic written and oral communication skills must be exhibited, as well as attention to detail.
- Basic computer skills are required (windows, Microsoft Office, etc).
- Frequent lifting and movement of materials and components as required.
- Must be capable of working in a typical industrial work environment.
- This position requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they are granted a medical or religious accommodation.
- Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States without need for current or future employer-sponsored work authorization. Siemens Energy employees with current visa sponsorship may be eligible for internal transfers.
- Sets up and operates all winding lathes and verifies that all drawings and materials are correct prior to set up
- Installs conductor and roll insulation on machines using correct molds, adaptor pads, stick alignment fixtures per job specifications
- Sets controls, keep-back guides, cold weld limit switches, electrically controlled brake pressures and aligns machine components per printed work instructions where applicable
- Assembles winding mold and places in lathe for TV – HV coils and assembles mold to HV2 coils and assembles to the winding lathe
- For computer-controlled machines, the Low Voltage Winder (LVW) types/enters information via a keyboard and/or control panel to call up/verify specific coil winding programs, changes machine control parameters and follows displayed and printed instructions as the coil is being wound. Manual operation (not computer program controlled – but computer assisted) is controlled by the operator via switch settings and foot pedal controls is also included
- The LVW winds the prescribed number of conductor and paper insulation turns and layers and secures the specified insulation at designated locations in and on each coil
Your opportunities for personal growth
- Siemens offers tuition reimbursement, empowering employees to develop their skills, education and personal growth giving them the tools needed to expand their horizons within the company.
- Siemens promotes continual learning by offering access to the Learn@Siemens platform. Learn@Siemens offers both in-person and virtual courses ranging from technical instruction to leadership skills.
As a federal contractor, Siemens Energy continues to monitor federal and state legal guidelines regarding the COVID-19 vaccine mandate. Siemens Energy is pausing its mandatory vaccine policy while the issue is addressed by the courts. SEI will monitor the situation closely and may reimplement its policy if required to comply with federal law. Should the vaccine policy be reimplemented, this position requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they are granted a medical or religious accommodation.
LET’S TALK ABOUT US
"Let’s make tomorrow different today" is our genuine commitment at Siemens Energy to all customers and employees on the way to a sustainable future.
In our Transmission Business Unit, we offer our customers products, solutions and services to transfer energy efficiently ranging from expansion and replacing to upgrading.
In the Transformer Assembly department, we perform a wide variety of routine manufacturing functions with a high standard of quality and attention to detail and strive for “Zero” Error Build.
Be Energized. Be you.
Lucky for us, we are not all the same. Through diversity we generate power. We run on inclusion and compassion. Our combined creative energy is fueled by at least 130 nationalities. Siemens Energy celebrates character – no matter what ethnic background, gender, age, religion, identity, or disability. We energize society. All of society.
Jobs & Careers: https://www.siemens-energy.com/global/en/company/jobs.html
Organization: Gas and Power
Company: Siemens Energy, Inc.
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens Energy follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.