LET’S TALK ABOUT YOU
- Must have a High School Diploma or GED with 1 -3 years machining experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Must be willing to work 2nd shift and be flexible enough to work 1st or 3rd shift on occasion as business requires.
- Must demonstrate the ability to read and interpret blueprints.
- Have a general knowledge and understanding of machining and CNC programming methods.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite, with basic to intermediate computer skills.
- Displays an attitude conducive to progress through positive change, continuous improvement and active contributor to the teamwork concept.
- This position requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they are granted a medical or religious accommodation.
- Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States without need for current or future employer-sponsored work authorization. Siemens Energy employees with current visa sponsorship may be eligible for internal transfers.
- Plan, layout and perform all machine operations on both conventional and N/C machines to construct, alter, repair and finish a variety of parts. Maintain close tolerances.
- Produce parts from past prints, samples, sketches or drawings and check work, using standard and/or special gauging devices to assure conformity and to maintain quality standards.
- Deburr, file, grind, chip, and fit parts made from cast iron, cast steel, malleable iron, nodular iron, sheet and bar steel. Remove burrs, fins and sharp edges using belt sanders, electric bench grinders, air operator rotary files, and hand files.
- Set tools and make all adjustments required on tooling, both standard and present, changing presetting when necessary.
- Operate material handling equipment, such as, but not restricted to, hand truck, fork or lift truck, crane, hoist, etc. for incidental delivery or receiving or material to or from adjoining areas of the shop.
- Diagnose and remedy trouble. Ensure coolant logs are maintained. Keep machines clean and lubricated, following periodic check list for preventive maintenance and aid in machine repair. Work areas are to be kept neat, clean, safe and orderly.
- It is expected that employees will demonstrate their capability and willingness to learn and operate all departmental equipment and machines in assigned area.
Your opportunities for personal growth
- Learning from Experiences
- Teamwork to Reach a Common Goal
As a federal contractor, Siemens Energy continues to monitor federal and state legal guidelines regarding the COVID-19 vaccine mandate. Siemens Energy is pausing its mandatory vaccine policy while the issue is addressed by the courts. SEI will monitor the situation closely and may reimplement its policy if required to comply with federal law. Should the vaccine policy be reimplemented, this position requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they are granted a medical or religious accommodation.
LET’S TALK ABOUT US
"Let’s make tomorrow different today" is our genuine commitment at Siemens Energy to all customers and employees on the way to a sustainable future.
In our Business Unit Industrial Applications, we offer comprehensive digital portfolio solutions in the oil and gas sector and other process industries comprising rotating equipment, electrification and solutions for Subsea business.
The shop floor is responsible for the machining, fit-up, assembly, and quality of a wide variety of parts for compressors and associated components.
Be Energized. Be you.
Lucky for us, we are not all the same. Through diversity we generate power. We run on inclusion and compassion. Our combined creative energy is fueled by at least 130 nationalities. Siemens Energy celebrates character – no matter what ethnic background, gender, age, religion, identity, or disability. We energize society. All of society.
Jobs & Careers: https://www.siemens-energy.com/global/en/company/jobs.html
Organization: Gas and Power
Company: Dresser-Rand Company
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens Energy follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.