LET’S TALK ABOUT YOU
- AAS or Machine Tool Technology certificate and/or High School Diploma or GED with Equivalent Machining Experience
- Completion of machining apprenticeship preferred
- Proficient in reading blueprints.
- Proficient in shop mathematics
- Proven experience operating horizontal and vertical milling machines, CNC machines and speed mills
- This position requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they are granted a medical or religious accommodation.
- Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States without need for current or future employer-sponsored work authorization. Siemens Energy employees with current visa sponsorship may be eligible for internal transfers.
- Set up and operate advanced machines including horizontal and vertical milling machines, CNC machines and speed mills according to the instructions or work packages.
- Check machined dimensions using various precision measurement tools to verify tolerances, dimensions and to perform first article inspections on parts.
- Set up and program parts utilizing “G” Code to write machining programs for a specific part.
- Requires the use of judgment to plan, perform, and make decisions as to the sequence of setups, operations, and processes within the limitations of recognized or standard methods and procedures.
Your opportunities for personal growth
- Siemens Energy is well established company with opportunities to grow within the organization.
- There are also opportunities to develop within the team to serve as a team officer (Safety, Production, Attendance, etc.).
As a federal contractor, Siemens Energy continues to monitor federal and state legal guidelines regarding the COVID-19 vaccine mandate. Siemens Energy is pausing its mandatory vaccine policy while the issue is addressed by the courts. SEI will monitor the situation closely and may reimplement its policy if required to comply with federal law. Should the vaccine policy be reimplemented, this position requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they are granted a medical or religious accommodation.
LET’S TALK ABOUT US
"Let’s make tomorrow different today" is our genuine commitment at Siemens Energy to all customers and employees on the way to a sustainable future.
In our Business Unit Generation we offer a broad portfolio of cutting edge technologies, services and solutions for centralized and decentralized energy production.
Siemens Energy in Fort Payne, AL is a global supplier of generator components for both the new apparatus and service generator businesses. We manufacture rotor coils, stator coils, and insulation components to support our customer’s needs and requirements.
Be Energized. Be you.
Lucky for us, we are not all the same. Through diversity we generate power. We run on inclusion and compassion. Our combined creative energy is fueled by at least 130 nationalities. Siemens Energy celebrates character – no matter what ethnic background, gender, age, religion, identity, or disability. We energize society. All of society.
Jobs & Careers: https://www.siemens-energy.com/global/en/company/jobs.html
Organization: Gas and Power
Company: Siemens Energy, Inc.
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens Energy follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.