Location: Houston, TX or Duisburg, Germany
Department: SE GP I TI
Job Grade: 05a S40
Mode of Employment: Permanent / Full-time
LET’S TALK ABOUT YOU
· Bachelor’s degree in Chemical, Electrical, Civil, or Mechanical Engineering required. Professional Engineering License is preferred
· 15 years engineering and management experience in oil and gas or petrochemical industry required. Experience in decarbonization technologies is a plus
· Strong understanding of Siemens portfolio and key equipment involved in combined cycle power generation facilities including gas turbines, heat recovery steam generator, steam turbines, deaerator, air-cooled condensers, boiler feed water pumps, pressure let-down stations and safety systems.
· Experience in all aspects of engineering from conceptual design, project economics, detailed engineering, and plant startup and troubleshooting preferred
· Multi-discipline understanding in process, instrumentation & controls, piping, machinery, process safety and equipment design.
· Experience in the application of relevant major design codes and standards (API, ASME, GPSA, ISO, NFPA, etc.)
· Ability to travel domestically and internationally 25%
· As a federal contractor, Siemens Energy continues to monitor federal and state legal guidelines regarding the COVID-19 vaccine mandate. Siemens Energy is pausing its mandatory vaccine policy while the issue is addressed by the courts. SEI will monitor the situation closely and may reimplement its policy if required to comply with federal law. Should the vaccine policy be reimplemented, this position requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they are granted a medical or religious accommodation.
· The selected candidate will be hired with a local contract, if applicable, from the country of application and therefore having residence and valid documentation/authorization to work in the country is required
The Senior Process Engineer will be the first point of contact for design of onshore and offshore combined cycle power facility on all related questions and support for technical expertise. He/She will be the project focal point for decarbonization of process engineering in in the area of combined cycle power generation applications to ensure that these projects are executed according to agreed budgets, schedules and design requirements.
The Process Engineer will:
- Co-ordinate all the design engineering functions to meet the objectives of the customer on various stages of project development including early development, proposal, bid, and projects.
- Be responsible for the detailed design development of combined cycle power generation facilities by Siemens engineering centers as well as external consultants, if applicable.
- Have administrative and technical responsibility for studies, process design, and specification of systems related to the combined cycle power generation facilities
- Lead a global engineering team
Your opportunities for personal growth
- Empowered to interface and work closely on projects with clients, joint venture partners, licensors, and vendors
- Empowered to contribute expertise in the field as an author and speaker at industry conferences
LET’S TALK ABOUT US
"Let’s make tomorrow different today" is our genuine commitment at Siemens Energy to all customers and employees on the way to a sustainable future. In our Business Unit, Industrial Applications, we offer comprehensive digital portfolio solutions in the oil and gas sector and other process industries comprising rotating equipment, electrification and process solutions.
The Technology and Innovation division you would join if selected for this role works to improve and develop turbomachinery based products and processes serving a wide variety of global customers. We are working to adapt Siemens Energy’s products to a rapidly changing energy landscape and also develop new products to meet the changing needs of our customers.
Be Energized. Be you.
Lucky for us, we are not all the same. Through diversity we generate power. We run on inclusion and compassion. Our combined creative energy is fueled by at least 130 nationalities. Siemens Energy celebrates character – no matter what ethnic background, gender, age, religion, identity, or disability. We energize society. All of society.
Jobs & Careers: https://www.siemens-energy.com/global/en/company/jobs.html
Organization: Gas and Power
Company: Dresser-Rand Company
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens Energy follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.