Job ID: 1800001847
The AVP, Innovation Development will be actively involved in managing multiple early stages of Synchrony’s innovation/product development life cycle. This position will be the scrum master and technologist for the LaunchPad Innovation agile team whose focus is validating and incubating new product concepts. This role will also partner with Synchrony Ventures to engage in the start-up community, evaluate new technology investments, and to integrate these technologies into new products/capabilities.
- Responsible for driving technology innovation strategy and incubation for the next generations of consumer facing products.
- Partners with Synchrony Ventures to identify new technology investment opportunities, concept development, and establish strategic partnerships where needed.
- Lead Synchrony’s API transformation and public face for technology via the development portal. Service as Technical API evangelists and showcase power of platform to internal resources and clients/partners.
- Working to reinvent the business of retail payments by delivering next generation payment & digital wallet technologies with customer experiences that are valuable, usable, and strategically aligned
- Contribute to forward thinking ideation & thought leadership with cross-functional emerging technology team to identify new opportunities. Have the curiosity to pursue the interesting while avoiding the distractions of the unimportant.
- Cultivate strong internal and external relationships to link ideas and people that might not otherwise interact and source new opportunities.
- Establish agile work plans that maximize the validation of customer pain points and assumptions in our novel solutions.
- Lead the LaunchPad agile team as a Scrum Master, ensuring their success in delivering product concepts that are primed for accelerated commercialization.
- Partner with Synchrony Ventures as a technology analyst to identify and evaluate investment leads.
- Curate multi-modal concept demonstrations in the Innovation Station Experience Center, consisting of videos, hands-on demos, and interactive mobile tablets.
- Lead concept demonstrations and technology trend overviews to senior leadership, distinguished guests, press, and internal employee visitors to the Innovation Station Experience Center.
- Perform other duties and/or special projects as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree and a minimum of 3 years of IT experience (or a graduate of an accelerated IT leadership program) OR High School Diploma/GED and minimum of 5 years of IT experience.
- Demonstrated experience understanding business & technical requirements of projects, effectively managing development resources, vendors & partners, & testing efforts.
- High energy level with passion for innovation with entrepreneurial spirit.
- Hands on, self-motivated professional style with the ability to effectively prioritize multiple initiatives.
- Strong business & technology acumen and superior decision-making skills.
- Experience with project management and application management tools in large banking and financial services companies.
- Desire to work in an open, collaborative, and fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrates the ability to adapt communication style to technical, non-technical, and VIP audiences.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- You must be 18 years or older
- You must have a high school diploma or equivalent
- You must be willing to take a drug test, submit to a background investigation and submit fingerprints as part of the selection process
- You must be able to satisfy the requirements of Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
- Effective 1-1-18, new hires (Level 4-7) must have 9 months of continuous service with the company before they are eligible to post on other roles. Once this new hire time in position requirement is met, the associate will have a minimum 6 months’ time in position before they can post for future non-exempt roles. Employees, level 8 or greater, must have at least 24 months’ time in position before they can post. All internal employees must have at least a “consistently meets expectations” performance rating and have approval from your manager to post (or the approval of your manager and HR if you don’t meet the time in position or performance requirement).
Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice:
- Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
- If you need special accommodations, please call our Career Support Line so that we can discuss your specific situation. We can be reached at 1-866-301-5627. Representatives are available from 8am – 5pm Monday to Friday, Central Standard Time.
The salary range for this position is 70,000.00 - 150,000.00 USD Annual
Salaries are adjusted according to market in CA and Metro NY and some positions are bonus eligible.