Dynamics 365 / AX Retail Lead Functional Consultant
New York City, NY, United States Posted 16 days ago
The Avanade Dynamics 365/AX Lead Retail Functional Consultant takes an end-to-end, process-based approach to address key business challenges such as complexity reduction, lean manufacturing and operations excellence, process innovation, strategic cost reduction, enterprise transformation and growth through fast innovation. Functional Consultants are challenged to understand and respond to clients' varied business needs in both the private and public sector, and work with clients to rapidly enhance the internal capabilities needed to continuously improve operational and innovation performance. Our core offerings target different aspects of a client's value chain - both across the enterprise and at the intersections of assets, process, polices, and people delivering value.
As a Functional Consultant in the Avanade Dynamics 365/AX Practice, you will use your strategy and operations consulting skills, business process knowledge, and other methodologies and tools to quantitatively analyze issues and drive solutions to transform our client's business.
Avanade professionals are responsible for delivering large-scale, complex programs that marry processes with technology to help our clients achieve high performance. Dynamics AX professionals design, implement and deploy AX solutions to achieve defined business goals. They maintain skills in AX applications process design and configuration; AX application design, development, integration, testing and deployment; and AX application technical architecture.
· Business performance and process diagnostics and assessments
· Supervising application design and architecture components
· Supervising process and functional design activities
· Creating functional requirements as an input to application design
· Developing and testing detailed functional designs for business solution components and prototypes
· Supervising application build, test, and deploy activities
· Planning and executing data conversion activities
· Driving test planning and execution
· Project and program management that exhibits leadership in process re-engineering and implementation of process, technology, strategy, and organizational change
Configure and implement Dynamics AX / 365 Retail solutions for our customers
Use your knowledge of business processes and Dynamics AX to identify software gaps and suggest alternatives
Write development specifications and interface with customers to test modifications and resolve any issues that arise
Demonstrate the ability to work systematically and logically to analyze situations, resolve problems, identify causes and anticipate implications
Contribute to the set-up and execution of Dynamics AX project work streams
Manage and develop customer relationships and perceptions to achieve mutual goals
Demonstrate the capacity to plan, prioritize and organize their time, project schedules and multiple project activities
Ability to travel approx. 80% (Typically Mon-Thurs)
You likely have the following experience:
Bachelor’s Degree: Business or technology related BA/BS