Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
It is important to stress that strong interpersonal skills and team spirit are required in addition to the ability to proficiently deliver verbal and written communications. This is a team that works extensively with other IT members in all MSWM locations. This job demands strong work ethic and requires extensive hands-on, active participation.
Morgan Stanley Wealth Management (MSWM) Technology is the global technology department responsible for the design, development, delivery and support of the technical solutions behind the products and services used by the Morgan Stanley Wealth Management (MSWM) business. The department is comprised of 10 organizations: Sales, Banking & Corporate-Client Technology, Investment Products & Markets Technology, Client Reporting, Core Processing, Private and International Wealth Management Technology, Technology Integration Office, Enterprise Infrastructure & Production Management, Capital Markets Application & Data Services, Deployment Planning & Release Management, and the Chief Operating Office.
The Reliability Operations(RO) with in WMT is responsible for providing swift, courteous, and knowledgeable customer service to end users of the production systems. This position is focused on user and systems support, answering hotline calls, monitoring systems alerts, and taking corrective action. Technical understanding is important as well as the ability to speak to users and understand their problems. In addition to direct user support tasks, the team performs infrastructure related tasks including process configuration, hardware capacity planning, event management, release work, and support tool development to ensure any repetitive tasks are packaged to remove any element of risk.
The Wealth Management Production Management Site Reliability Engineer position is a highly visible/critical role, which will be a team member of technical SME’S managing the stability and optimization of the Wealth Management systems. Scope includes but not limited to, the day-to-day support of the organization’s technology related outages, collaboration on technology projects focused on stability, optimization, business impact analysis, and associated risk-related methodologies. This role will be responsible for overall stability of the Wealth Management Investment Management application platforms, participation on key optimization initiatives, and collaboration with multiple technical teams within Morgan Stanley. Additionally, partner with WM business units, various levels of management and staff to collect, analyze and make recommendations on optimizing the platform.
As a team member with expertise in deep analytical triage, you will provide subject matter expertise in debugging, issue analysis and troubleshooting, working with business and technical colleagues to provide reviews and recommendations to avoid any future application issues. Produce guidance documentation, standards and procedures, products assessments, and training material including working with the various application and infrastructure support teams ensuring that they are documenting every single troubleshooting step in Morgan Stanley knowledge base system to resolve issues in a faster time frame. You will serve as a fully seasoned/proficient technical resource; provide technical knowledge in outage management and proactive solutions to improve the user experience.
This position will mainly perform DevOps/ SRE role in Data Analytics, Machine Learning and Digital Marketing.
The Right candidate:
- Proactively detecting, troubleshooting, and resolving all issues affecting production applications. This involves coordination with and escalation to development and external teams where necessary. This team owns all issues escalated to us until it is resolved or a workaround is provided for end user to continue functioning.
- Responsible for maintaining clear, concise, and timely communications with affected parties during the investigation and resolution of any individual or system-wide outage
- Responsible for the stability of the Production environment
- Develop and continually revise (in partnership with other teams where necessary) suitable policies and procedures to ensure appropriate application development standards are available to guide development for systems deployed to Production.
- As the gatekeepers of the Production environment, responsible for ensuring the Change Implementation Management guidelines/policies are adhered to for all systems deployed to Production.
- Responsible for servicing all requests for data or other activities that require access to Production systems
- Work with development teams at the appropriate stages in application development to ensure any new systems or projects meet the Production standard
- Responsible for maintaining and growing a body of knowledge that is accessible to all team members. Ensure information regarding any support related activities or issues are available and easily accessible. The goal is to improve self-reliance and reduce dependency on the availability of development or external team resources for the initial troubleshooting and resolution of problems.
- Minimum 10 – 15 years experience in developing and/or supporting Data technologies and Analytics.
- 5 – 8 years experience in leading a small to medium team of alike skillset.
- Willingness to embrace Agile and DevOps/SRE concepts.
- Solid analytical skills, problem determination, and resolution recovery processes
- Ability to interface and cultivate excellent working relationships with technology teams, business analysts, and vendors
- Extensive experience in Data analysis using SQL and NoSQL technologies. Should be very strong in RDBMS databases like DB2, Oracle, Teradata etc.
- Analyze existing SQL queries for performance improvements
- Develop, implement and optimize stored procedures and functions using T-SQL
- Understanding of database engineering and can develop of high quality database solutions
- Strong Unix Shell scripting experience required.
- Have administrative competence in at least one major programming language or platform (for example: Perl, Powershell, Python, Java or C#)
- Experience with BI/ Data Lake toolset like Hadoop, Hive is a plus.
- Knowledge of clickstream tagging
- Experience in web analytics tools (preferably Adobe Experience Cloud tools) is Plus
- Experience in Adobe Experience Manager, Adobe Analytics, Adobe Target is Plus
- Experience using tools to determine validity of tagging implementation is Plus
- Should be a fast learner of technologies in a quick paced environment.
- Have strong organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks and high pressure situations for outage handling, management, or resolution
- Are driven to learn about new technologies, techniques and what it takes to be an integral member of this team
- Hands-on experience administering large-scale, high-availability systems and the tools to monitor performance and availability
- Experience creating technical architecture documentation
- Excellent communication and writing skills specific to technical discussions across the management layers
- BS/MS or equivalent, preferably in quantitative discipline (Computer Science, Computer Engineering, EE, Math, Physics).
- Experience with incident “on call” and ability to respond to emergencies on a 24/7 basis
- Experience working with Financial Services area will be a plus
- Assisting in the investigation and troubleshooting of production issues and playing an active role in mentoring/coaching/training and development of team members