Yelp is seeking a highly creative and experienced B2B marketing leader to build and oversee our content marketing practice.
Small businesses around North America rely on Yelp to help them to build their brand and acquire new customers. From restaurants to home and local services, we have one of the largest communities of business owners on our platform - Yelp for Business. Now, we’d like to amplify our position in the market and create more meaningful connections with business owners through the development of a strategic content marketing program.
As Yelp’s Head of B2B Content Marketing, you will develop a content marketing strategy that aims to solidify Yelp’s market position as a partner to the local business community, and drives inbound interest in our solutions. You’ll be responsible for aligning the development of content across the customer lifecycle, with a focus on blog, web and social media. You’ll launch highly creative content programs that yield engagement amongst the small business community, and earns Yelp a place with business owners as a go-to place for education, advice and knowledge.
You’ll partner closely with leaders across the organization to build a program that improves results across the board, from self-service customer acquisition to customer retention to brand development. You’ll be a core member of the marketing senior leadership team.Responsibilities
- Spearhead creative content marketing initiatives that build positive perception and momentum in the local business community, and drive incremental results for the business
- Build a team of writers and editors to deliver content that is closely tied to the segments of the market and business outcomes most important to Yelp
- Build a content engine that can cover a diverse range of benefits & proof points across both small business categories (restaurants, home services, auto services, professional services, health & beauty services, etc) and product offerings (advertising, various operational saas products)
- Develop a content marketing plan that maps out important milestones for growing the practice from today’s experiment to a world-class integrated function
- Partner closely with channel marketers (email, owned & earned channels, performance marketing, social, and PR) and product marketers to devise a promotional strategy that drives viewership and engagement with Yelp
- Measure, track and assess the team’s content, and related channel strategy based on performance of assets and messaging
- Build a strong foundation of program management, process and cross-functional operations to capitalize on bigger market opportunities, and sustain growth
- Play a key role in building the Yelp marketing culture, with a strong focus on collaboration and interoperability between the various marketing disciplines
- Report to Yelp executives periodically on content marketing performance, providing expert analysis, opinion and counsel on budgeting and strategy
- 7-10+ years of experience in marketing, with a focus on content marketing
- Demonstrable experience managing and developing high-performing teams - an inspiring leader
- Experience in b2b marketing required; experience with local SMB segment preferred
- Experience at companies with a self-service customer acquisition model a plus
- Deeply creative, ability to challenge “normal” and execute on new playbooks
- Excellent verbal, written communication and presentation skills, ability to organize information in a high level way to communicate key points to partners
- Knowledge of SEO best practices
- Knowledge of Social Media best practices