Location: Orlando, FL / Alpharetta, GA
Department: SE GP SV CD P RNA
Job Grade: 6 S40 or 5b S40
Mode of Employment: Permanent / Full-Time
LET’S TALK ABOUT YOU
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field (preferably in electrical engineering) is required. 8+ years of experience in supply chain management, including cost value engineering and commodity management is required. Candidates with more experience may be eligible for a higher level. Possess excellent English communication skills that enable you to work effectively in the international environment. Willing to travel nationally and internationally
- Possess a high degree of problem-solving abilities and joined-up thinking, along with an analytical, pragmatic, and enthusiastic mindset. Good negotiating skills and persuasive power is a must. Able to work independently, and have a strong sense of responsibility, confident appearance, as well as good communication skills, and constructive assertiveness.
- Must have the ability to understand the impact of early procurement involvement and supplier integration and strives to influence sourcing decisions in the sense of Procurement objectives
- Possess the ability to breakdown in detail the material cost structure and drivers and have sufficient knowledge about technology and application to profoundly challenge technical specifications versus R&D and customers. Must be able to understand and can implement the Cost Value Engineering methods and levers of: Should Cost Analysis, Target Costing and Pricing, Design to Value, amongst others.
- Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States without need for current or future employer-sponsored work authorization. Siemens Energy employees with current visa sponsorship may be eligible for internal transfers.
- As a federal contractor, Siemens Energy continues to monitor federal and state legal guidelines regarding the COVID-19 vaccine mandate. Siemens Energy is pausing its mandatory vaccine policy while the issue is addressed by the courts. SEI will monitor the situation closely and may reimplement its policy if required to comply with federal law. Should the vaccine policy be reimplemented, this position requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they are granted a medical or religious accommodation.
- Harmonize business strategies with procurement strategies mainly for electrical products and related services (e.g., engineering, installation). Define and cross-functionally align commodity strategies and drive sourcing decisions with interface partners. Contribute to competitiveness and profitability of products, services, and solutions through application of Cost and Value Engineering, as well as other levers and methods. Be actively involved in the product development process and project development / tendering as well as undertaking and pushing forward cost reduction measures (strategic negotiations, design to cost, target costing, standardization, key data, etc.) to achieve the cost reduction targets.
- Closely align with R&D community in the BU and Corporate / Division Procurement (Cost-Value Engineers, Commodity Managers, Buyers). Include suppliers and conduct cost-benefit analysis workshops, innovation workshops and concept competitions with key suppliers to concentrate on the key functions of the components/projects.
- Initiate market observation, conduct and provide market information/analyses on international technology and price trends to obtain new suppliers and new technologies in the supply chain.
- Technology Assess and develop suppliers from the technological standpoint (jointly with interface partners) to concentrate on the best suppliers.
- Participate in workgroups to stay informed and keep others informed (regions and countries) and exert influence at an early stage.
- Deliver SCM KPIs, including Basic Contribution and Additional Contribution
Your opportunities for personal growth
- Excellent opportunity for professional development in new tailored solutions for the Siemens Energy business
- Working with international teams and business environments and building up a network
- Supporting the Controls and Digitalization organization towards enhanced digitalization
LET’S TALK ABOUT US
"Let’s make tomorrow different today" is our genuine commitment at Siemens Energy to all customers and employees on the way to a sustainable future.
Our Controls and Digitalization Business Unit offers a broad portfolio of cutting-edge technologies, services, and solutions around controls for the power plant community. Not only do we automate power plants, but we also unlock the power of the data they have to optimize performance, along KPIs like power output, operating cost and emissions.
Procurement contributes significantly to cost productivity by providing the right supplier basis and leveraging innovative negotiation tools. We’re looking for active and energized people to support our business by creation of sustainable and competitive products, services, and processes for the future!
Be Energized. Be you.
Lucky for us, we are not all the same. Through diversity we generate power. We run on inclusion and compassion. Our combined creative energy is fueled by at least 130 nationalities. Siemens Energy celebrates character – no matter what ethnic background, gender, age, religion, identity, or disability. We energize society. All of society.
Jobs & Careers: https://www.siemens-energy.com/global/en/company/jobs.html
Organization: Gas and Power
Company: Siemens Energy, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens Energy follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.