Location: Charlotte, NC (CLT W)
Department: SE GP G LRE LGN CLT GN MF RTR
Job Grade: 08 S40 or 07 S40, depending on experience
Mode of Employment: Permanent / Full-time
LET’S TALK ABOUT YOU
- Bachelors Degree in an engineering field required; or related Associates Degree with 4+ years of related work experience
- 2+ years of manufacturing engineering experience in a machine shop environment, preferably background in various CNC Machine Controls and Programming (Siemens 840D, 840C)
- Experienced user of SAP, TeamCenter and other IT platforms to develop and improve the manufacturing environment in the Charlotte Generator Operations. Also experienced user of NX and/or Pro-Engineer for part and tool path modeling including simulation verification software. Preferred experience of Vericut simulation software
- Experience in implementing and/or improving manufacturing processes, information, facilities, and production planning in a shop environment with a working knowledge of tooling selection and use (Feed, Speeds, HP)
- Working knowledge and experience within complex manufacturing operations and demonstrated competence in a production environment leading diverse teams
- As a federal contractor, Siemens Energy continues to monitor federal and state legal guidelines regarding the COVID-19 vaccine mandate. Siemens Energy is pausing its mandatory vaccine policy while the issue is addressed by the courts. SEI will monitor the situation closely and may reimplement its policy if required to comply with federal law. Should the vaccine policy be reimplemented, this position requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they are granted a medical or religious accommodation.
- Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States without need for current or future employer-sponsored work authorization. Siemens Energy employees with current visa sponsorship may be eligible for internal transfers
- Complete the development and implementation of manufacturing work instructions for complex machining processes including line-ups, standard operating processes, and quality control documentation
- Determine the selection of tooling and part set-up.
- Participate and lead in manufacturing process improvement projects to reduce duration and cost of machining processes to high precision power generation components.
- Support and lead strategic projects to bring new manufacturing capabilities into facility through new equipment or modernization of existing equipment.
- Determine the most economic manufacturing processes, operation sequence, and tooling for the machining of high precision power generation parts.
- Support shop machinist to successfully execute manufacturing processes and complex machining activities
Your opportunities for personal growth
- develop talents and potential
- open feedback culture
LET’S TALK ABOUT US
"Let’s make tomorrow different today" is our genuine commitment at Siemens Energy to all customers and employees on the way to a sustainable future.
In our Business Unit Generation we offer a broad portfolio of cutting edge technologies, services and solutions for centralized and decentralized energy production.
Siemens Energy in Charlotte is the North American hub, producing all three main power-producing products used by central station power producers (Generators, Steam Turbines and Gas Turbines).
Manufacturing is an integral part of the Siemens Energy Charlotte facility. The Generator Rotor Department is seeking a technical, proactive leader to join the team as a Manufacturing Process Engineer for our large horizontal milling machines.
Be Energized. Be you.
Lucky for us, we are not all the same. Through diversity we generate power. We run on inclusion and compassion. Our combined creative energy is fueled by at least 130 nationalities. Siemens Energy celebrates character – no matter what ethnic background, gender, age, religion, identity, or disability. We energize society. All of society.
Jobs & Careers: https://www.siemens-energy.com/global/en/company/jobs.html
Organization: Gas and Power
Company: Siemens Energy, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens Energy follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.