LET’S TALK ABOUT YOU
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Ability to read, write, complete simple forms, and understand simple written instructions. Requires the ability to perform arithmetic skills, such as addition, subtraction, multiplication and division, including decimals and fractions. Could require simple use of formulas, charts, tables, drawings, specifications, schedules, or diagrams.
- Ability to use judgment to utilize acquired job knowledge in order to comply with instructions and standard procedures, methods, or practices involved when making minor decisions.
- Ability to set up and operate a variety of machines and equipment to fabricate and test stator coils according to specifications, work packages, drawings and other information.
- Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States without need for current or future employer-sponsored work authorization. Siemens Energy employees with current visa sponsorship may be eligible for internal transfers.
As a federal contractor, Siemens Energy continues to monitor federal and state legal guidelines regarding the COVID-19 vaccine mandate. Siemens Energy is pausing its mandatory vaccine policy while the issue is addressed by the courts. SEI will monitor the situation closely and may reimplement its policy if required to comply with federal law. Should the vaccine policy be reimplemented, this position requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they are granted a medical or religious accommodation.Your responsibilities
- Read blueprints, drawings, engineering specifications and other work package information to determine operations required xx
- Set up and perform all table assembly operations for the making of various coils. Operate Eddy Current machine xx
- Perform all forming and curing operations on various coils utilizing block test equipment, short circuit test equipment and a variety of hand tools. Make first angle bends; check for crossed wires; block test; locate correct second bend blocks; make second bend. Wrap coil in Tedlar, install heaters, etc. Stand test or short circuit test.
- Clean, check fit, and performs brazing operation on header caps and consolidates ends of single tube stack coils, double tube stack coils and conventional coils. Perform air leak and helium leak tests.
Your opportunities for personal growth
- Siemens Energy is well established company with opportunities to grow within the organization.
- There are also opportunities to develop within the team to serve as a team officer (Safety, Production, Attendance, etc.).
LET’S TALK ABOUT US
"Let’s make tomorrow different today" is our genuine commitment at Siemens Energy to all customers and employees on the way to a sustainable future.
In our Business Unit Generation, we offer a broad portfolio of cutting-edge technologies, services and solutions for centralized and decentralized energy production.
The primary purpose of this department is to support power plant outages with supply of high voltage stator coils for rewinds at the site, as well as provide stator coils to SE Charlotte, NC with high voltage stator coils for the assembly of new generators.
Be Energized. Be you.
Lucky for us, we are not all the same. Through diversity we generate power. We run on inclusion and compassion. Our combined creative energy is fueled by at least 130 nationalities. Siemens Energy celebrates character – no matter what ethnic background, gender, age, religion, identity, or disability. We energize society. All of society.
Jobs & Careers: https://www.siemens-energy.com/global/en/company/jobs.html
Organization: Gas and Power
Company: Siemens Energy, Inc.
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens Energy follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.