Location: Flexible within the West Region (CA, WA, OR, NV, ID, UT, AZ, WY)
Department: SE NA US PSS PSD
Mode of Employment: Permanent / Full-time
LET’S TALK ABOUT YOU
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Engineering is required.
- 8-10 years of cross divisional Field Sales experience representing a variety of products in direct sales to Utilities, IPPs, Private Equity, Renewable Developers, and Public Power Client Verticals. Preference for expertise in storage, grid reliability/resiliency in the renewable industry.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, communication and relationship skills at all levels of the customer from procurement and engineering thru the C-Suite with a strong understanding of the power industry, US market, customer requirements, and competitive landscape.
- A strong understanding of the business with prior Field Sales experience and proven experience negotiating and closing complex projects. Flexibility and willingness for domestic travel up to 50%. Proven ability as part of an account team in devising strategy and sales plans to win. Experience with recording and maintaining sales data in Salesforce.com to lead & manage forecasts, pipeline execution and ensure data integrity.
- Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States without need for current or future employer-sponsored work authorization. Siemens Energy employees with current visa sponsorship may be eligible for internal transfers.
- As a federal contractor, Siemens Energy continues to monitor federal and state legal guidelines regarding the COVID-19 vaccine mandate. Siemens Energy is pausing its mandatory vaccine policy while the issue is addressed by the courts. SEI will monitor the situation closely and may reimplement its policy if required to comply with federal law. Should the vaccine policy be reimplemented, this position requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they are granted a medical or religious accommodation.
- Responsible for the West region geographically, but also responsible to represent products, solutions and services for several Business Units within Siemens Energy and Siemens Smart Infrastructure (DS & DG) to Energy clients across the United States.
- Client verticals served will include large investor-owned utilities, Independent Power Producers, renewable power developers, Private Equity, and Public Power segments in the United States.
- The successful candidate will be expected to manage accounts in their region for all the above product lines in the areas of new technology (currently including in part offshore wind, solar, hydrogen, storage, transportation electrification, digitalization, grid access, emerging thermal generation modalities, and various Power to X technologies currently in research and development).
Your opportunities for personal growth
- Will be able to gain experience in a complex sales environment focusing on new technology with early adopter customers.
- Work in and with high-performing, multi-functional teams
LET’S TALK ABOUT US
"Let’s make tomorrow different today" is our genuine commitment at Siemens Energy to all customers and employees on the way to a sustainable future.
In our Business Unit Generation, we offer a broad portfolio of cutting-edge technologies, services and solutions for centralized and decentralized energy production.
Power Systems Development:
- Focuses on customers who are early adopters of new technologies on complex projects across multiple Siemens entities (SEI and SII) currently including offshore wind, solar, hydrogen, storage, transportation electrification, digitalization, grid access, emerging thermal generation modalities, and various Power to X technologies.
- Help customers with their decarbonization goals across the broad energy industry spectrum by providing customer studies, working with government affairs to advocate for policy changes and enable the broader sales team to monitor and meet customer sustainability goals.
- Focus on helping customers decarbonize (wind, solar, storage, hydrogen) and provide these customers with fully integrated solutions from power generation to balance of plant equipment and grid controls.
- Brief the broader sales team on these new technologies as they become widely adopted across the customer landscape, enabling Power Systems Sales to offer expanded decarbonized solutions.
Be Energized. Be you.
Lucky for us, we are not all the same. Through diversity we generate power. We run on inclusion and compassion. Our combined creative energy is fueled by at least 130 nationalities. Siemens Energy celebrates character – no matter what ethnic background, gender, age, religion, identity, or disability. We energize society. All of society.
Jobs & Careers: https://www.siemens-energy.com/global/en/company/jobs.html
Organization: North America
Company: Siemens Energy, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens Energy follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.