LET’S TALK ABOUT YOU
- High School Diploma or GED and 5+ years of experience in the maintenance field
- Requires experience in electrical installation and maintenance work on plant electrical systems equipment. Experience in mechanical installation and maintenance work on plant systems and equipment. Strong knowledge of plant maintenance
- Requires experience in hydraulics and pneumatics and a broad knowledge of controls and mechanisms.
- Experienced with AC/DC drive motor operation, adjustment, and troubleshooting a plus.
- The ability to work in a team environment, which includes being self-motivated, accepting responsibilities, completing assigned action items, and participating in a proactive manner in all team events
- Good trouble shooting and problem-solving skills are very important.
- Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States without need for current or future employer-sponsored work authorization. Siemens Energy employees with current visa sponsorship may be eligible for internal transfers.
As a federal contractor, Siemens Energy continues to monitor federal and state legal guidelines regarding the COVID-19 vaccine mandate. Siemens Energy is pausing its mandatory vaccine policy while the issue is addressed by the courts. SEI will monitor the situation closely and may reimplement its policy if required to comply with federal law. Should the vaccine policy be reimplemented, this position requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they are granted a medical or religious accommodation.
- Apply both electrical and mechanical related knowledge to test, diagnose, maintain, repair and modify developmental or operational machinery and control equipment in facility.
- Work requires an in-depth knowledge of various trades.
- Performs a wide variety of electrical and mechanical service work on equipment, machines and/or controls. Diagnoses, repairs and replaces equipment. Installs, maintains, and/or repairs equipment. Inspects and checks equipment for proper operating condition, makes necessary adjustments, logs test readings, and maintains, repairs, or replaces all essential equipment parts.
- Understanding urgency to trouble shoot machines and bring production back online.
- Read blueprints, hydraulic and pneumatic schematics, mechanical/electrical diagrams, and technical orders to determine methods and sequences of assembly.
- Align, fit, and assemble component parts, using hand tools, power tools, fixtures, templates, and instruments. Operate metalworking machines to fabricate housings, jigs, fittings, and fixtures. Repair, rework, and calibrate hydraulic and pneumatic assemblies and systems to meet operational specifications and tolerances.
Your opportunities for personal growth
- Siemens offers tuition reimbursement, empowering employees to develop their skills, education and personal growth giving them the tools needed to expand their horizons within the company.
- Siemens promotes continual learning by offering access to the Learn@Siemens platform. Learn@Siemens offers both in-person and virtual courses ranging from technical instruction to leadership skills.
LET’S TALK ABOUT US
"Let’s make tomorrow different today" is our genuine commitment at Siemens Energy to all customers and employees on the way to a sustainable future.
In our Transmission Business Unit, we offer our customers products, solutions and services to transfer energy efficiently ranging from expansion and replacing to upgrading.
In the Breaker Assembly department, we perform a wide variety of routine manufacturing functions with a high standard of quality and attention to detail and strive for “Zero” Error Build.
Check out this video to see what we do!
Be Energized. Be you.
Lucky for us, we are not all the same. Through diversity we generate power. We run on inclusion and compassion. Our combined creative energy is fueled by at least 130 nationalities. Siemens Energy celebrates character – no matter what ethnic background, gender, age, religion, identity, or disability. We energize society. All of society.
Jobs & Careers: https://www.siemens-energy.com/global/en/company/jobs.html
Organization: Gas and Power
Company: Siemens Energy, Inc.
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens Energy follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.