Can we energize society and fight climate change at the same time? At Siemens Energy, we can.
Our Field Service organization travels to power plants across the U.S. and where our employees are responsible for the maintenance and upgrades to some of the largest and most powerful electrical generation machinery in the world including gas turbines, steam turbines and generators. This program is the entry point to our world-class field service organization. Our next class will be starting Summer 2022.
LET’S TALK ABOUT YOU
- You will have a bachelor's degree in engineering, engineering technology, or related field by summer 2022.
- You enjoy using both your mind and your hands to seek sophisticated mechanical problems while working closely on a team and with our customers to provide outstanding service
- You are a self-starting leader, who enjoys using all available resources and leading others to build innovative solutions to challenging mechanical issues
- You enjoy travel – so much that you are okay with traveling for extended periods of time. Typically, Our Field Service Engineers will travel 200-250 days per year for anywhere from 2-15 weeks at a time. While deployed, you will work extended working hours of up to 12-14 hours per day including weekends/holidays.
- This program offers a flexible schedule that allows you to maximize your professional impact, your earning power, and offers work life balance.
- Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States without need for current or future employer-sponsored work authorization. Current Siemens Energy employees may be eligible for internal transfers
- As a federal contractor, Siemens Energy continues to monitor federal and state legal guidelines regarding the COVID-19 vaccine mandate. Siemens Energy is pausing its mandatory vaccine policy while the issue is addressed by the courts. SEI will monitor the situation closely and may reimplement its policy if required to comply with federal law. Should the vaccine policy be reimplemented, this position requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they are granted a medical or religious accommodation.
- During your first 12 months, you will complete classroom and lab training in Orlando and participate in on-the-job training with experienced engineers, working at multiple customer sites across the US.
- You will work directly with our leading staff of field service engineers to develop skills that include equipment operation, maintenance, job site safety, project management, leadership, and Siemens Energy’s business systems
- Once you complete training, as a Field Service Engineer, you'll be supervising technicians and mechanics working on turbine generator equipment during power plant maintenance shutdowns (outages), both planned and unplanned system outages which can occur due to equipment performance issues.
- You'll be responsible for disassembling, inspecting, and reassembling turbines and generators
- You'll coordinate the upgrading of mechanical and electrical systems on turbine generators to increase power output and efficiency
- You will be collaborating with our worldwide engineering staff to perform niche mechanical and electrical testing
- You will serve as the primary customer contact during outages and ensure that repairs are made in a timely and accurate manner
Your opportunities for personal growth
- The opportunity to specialize in several different facets of Engineering, including Project Management, Field Technology Services, Turbine Services, Generator Services, and Plant Auxiliary Services
- The opportunity to grow your leadership skills and begin your career with a global energy leader
LET’S TALK ABOUT US
"Let’s make tomorrow different today" is our genuine commitment at Siemens Energy to all customers and employees on the way to a sustainable future.
In our Business Unit Generation, we offer a broad portfolio of cutting-edge technologies, services, and solutions for centralized and decentralized energy production.
Be Energized. Be you.
Lucky for us, we are not all the same. Through diversity, we generate power. We run on inclusion and compassion. Our combined creative energy is fueled by at least 130 nationalities. Siemens Energy celebrates character – no matter what ethnic background, gender, age, religion, identity, or disability. We energize society. All of society.
Jobs & Careers: https://www.siemens-energy.com/global/en/company/jobs.html
Organization: Gas and Power
Company: Siemens Energy, Inc.
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens Energy follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.